You can go drop D with your Floyd without any modifications. (I have done it myself, so no "Its impossible" comments on this! And yes, it DID stay perfectly in tune.) If the trem stop will let you do this in one second is another thing.
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
No the Floyd Rose® Original Trem Stop only locks a floating trem system in the floating position. It does not drop the tunibg from standard to drop D.
An EVH Drop D tuna will make an instant drop in tunings with unlocking anything on the guitar however, I would suggest only using an EVH D tuna only if the trem is locked in floating poss. or if it can only dive down. It will prevent the trem from being able to pull back, unless routed otherwise
Quote by Redrocker336
An EVH Drop D tuna will make an instant drop in tunings with unlocking anything on the guitar however, I would suggest only using an EVH D tuna only if the trem is locked in floating poss. or if it can only dive down. It will prevent the trem from being able to pull back, unless routed otherwise

so if i put this on then i should get the d tuna?
Quote by VulgarxPower801
i've put my guitar in drop d and it brings it out of tune

Well of course it would its basic floyd when you tune one string down the trem is gonna adjust and change the tension on the other 5 so that the tension remains equal and the trem level.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Well of course it would its basic floyd when you tune one string down the trem is gonna adjust and change the tension on the other 5 so that the tension remains equal and the trem level.

i know i was trying to tell Drakathan that because he says his guitar doesn't go out of tune
Quote by VulgarxPower801
i know i was trying to tell Drakathan that because he says his guitar doesn't go out of tune

Ic well he may have done something ive seen people do where they can actually use the low E fine tuner to go down to D but im not sure how exactly thats done.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Ic well he may have done something ive seen people do where they can actually use the low E fine tuner to go down to D but im not sure how exactly thats done.

I do that, but my Floyd is routed dive-only, so I can change tunings as often as I please with no ill effects.
Steinberger GU/Spirit w/ Moses Graphite neck, EMG 81-85
"Fireball" Pacer/RG hybrid

Furman Power Conditioner
Axe-Fx Standard
ART SLA-1
Yamaha S112V
Peak FCB4N
Quote by Mo Jiggity
I do that, but my Floyd is routed dive-only, so I can change tunings as often as I please with no ill effects.

what does it mean to be routed dive only
Quote by VulgarxPower801
what does it mean to be routed dive only

Dive only meaning the trem can only be pushed down not pulled up
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by VulgarxPower801
This product will allow me to go into drop d with my floyd rose right?

It will if you set it up right. Once it's installed you'll need to set it up so that the E strings fine tuner is almost screwed in all the way. That way, when you use the fine tuner to drop the string to D the bridge will rest more on the trem stop and not pull the other string sharp.

Almost like blocking a trem to be dive only but still maintaining the full function of the floating bridge to dive and pull on the whammy bar and have still stay in tune.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -