15 45%
Carvin Legacy
6 18%
Carvin X100B
7 21%
Other (Please speicify)
5 15%
Voters: 33.
Alrighty, now that i have actual money saved up, this is getting super serious guys! *insert al gore picture here*

I'm looking at these amps.

Mesa/Boogie Lone Star - http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=KUj5vh9h47I

Carvin Legacy - http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=6KGJw2S62u8&feature=related

Carvin X100B - http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=S8kxaP59QQY

The videos are just examples of each amp.

I want something that can do moderate high gain (think Iron Maiden, Judas Priest) but not Death Metal or Thrash Levels. I play a lot of instremental music too, as you can see by the Vai and Timmons videos.

I also want an amp that doesn't sound thin. Listening to a lot of famous lead guitarists, they have a lot of bite to their tone, but i still sounds thick. I havent been able to acheive this with my current amp. It's either thin, or muffled.

I think that Mesa is the most expensive of those amps, and i'd really prefer not having to spend much more than that, I'm also saving for a JEM Right now, i can afford the X100b. i have to save a bit more for the other two, but it shouldn't be a problem if i decide to go for one of them.

I say the x100b would be awesome. I really dig those amps, been waiting for one to pop up on CL again so I can snatch it. I bought one a while back but I traded it away the same day, not because I didn't like it, but because I was making ~$400 on the deal
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
DUDE! i know just the amp your looking for, peavey valveking. I have that amp and it fufills everything that you want. Its got great tone on clean and overdrive channel. Its got like a Guns N Roses heavy, which isnt death metal heavy. Check it out it, theres like 4 sizes i think so it gives you a good range of prices.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=peavey+valveking&st=
Quote by slashjr192
DUDE! i know just the amp your looking for, peavey valveking. I have that amp and it fufills everything that you want. Its got great tone on clean and overdrive channel. Its got like a Guns N Roses heavy, which isnt death metal heavy. Check it out it, theres like 4 sizes i think so it gives you a good range of prices.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=peavey+valveking&st=

Sorry, but all 3 of the amps he listed rape the VK.

Quote by Tubyboulin
you made 400? Wow thats pretty good.

I traded it to my friend for a Mac Laptop
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Personally I'd say go for the legacy, it's a sweet ass amp and it's worth every penny in my opinion.
I'm serial.....
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Yes, i had a thread on the legacy a while ago but a few people said its rythm tones were terrible and it wouldn't cut through in a band situation. Other people said it was fine. i dont know who to trust
Quote by elprimodejesus
I say a Line 6 Spider III head with an MG cab
lyk3 d@ b3s7 70n3 3v3|2

GTFO troll.

I dunno, I've never really been too impressed with the Legacy clips I've heard, but I've never tried one in person, so my opinion really doesn't matter The x100b sounded great for rhythm and lead though imo. It actually sounded pretty sweet boosted for death metal too
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
First, happy new years guys

"Its mizike!" good review, but yeah the rythm did sound prety muddy/muffled...

I guess its down to the Lonestar or the X100B. The only problem is the wieght of the Carvin. I have to lug the amp up and down the stairs quite often and its 58 pounds (Im going for combo) and i have enough trouble fitting/lifting the 40 pound 1x12 B-52 up and out
Quote by Tubyboulin
First, happy new years guys

"Its mizike!" good review, but yeah the rythm did sound prety muddy/muffled...

I guess its down to the Lonestar or the X100B. The only problem is the wieght of the Carvin. I have to lug the amp up and down the stairs quite often and its 58 pounds (Im going for combo) and i have enough trouble fitting/lifting the 40 pound 1x12 B-52 up and out

The Lonestar is lighter than 58lbs?

I find that extremely hard to believe, but even so, 58lbs for a tube combo is ridiculously light My 5150 combo weighed 85lbs according to places online, but I don't believe that because when I sold it, it was 120lbs boxed, there's no way that box added that much weight. My Road King combo weighed about 100lbs as well, I would've rather carried my 4x12
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
^ i was going by what musicians friend and carvin told me about te X100b and my amp, i'm assuming they are wrong but the X100B according to them is heavier than the B-52. How accurate it is remains to yet be seen

I haven't the slightest about the wieght of the Lonestar.

Oh well, I need to excersize i suppose. I'll live with a heavy amp
Quote by Tubyboulin
^ i was going by what musicians friend and carvin told me about te X100b and my amp, i'm assuming they are wrong but the X100B according to them is heavier than the B-52. How accurate it is remains to yet be seen

I haven't the slightest about the wieght of the Lonestar.

Oh well, I need to excersize i suppose. I'll live with a heavy amp

A quick search with google says the 1x12 Lone Star weighs about 70lbs
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Alright, I think ill go with the X100B 2x12 Combo. I can afford it, and the lonestar was more expensive than i thought (I remembered it being 1400, not 1900) So, if anyone has any last minute info to try and talk me out of it, now would be the time to post.

Next, time to save back up again for a JEM
they all sounded lovely.

I'd go with either of the carvins though
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat