I have an Ibanez SR505 and I've been having problems with the pickups. Whenever i turn the pickup selector knob all the way to the neck pickup the volume cuts out. I've tried changing the battery. Just wondering if there is a way to tell if the pickup selector pot is bad or the pickup is messed up.
PRS Custom 24
PRS Singlecut Trem
Epiphone ES-355
Epiphone Dot Studio
Epiphone Firebird
Fender Stratocaster
That's a lovely bass, but I had the same problem with one I tried in the shop. There're many 505 lovers in here, I'll try and get one for you.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Quote by Cody_Grey102
That's a lovely bass, but I had the same problem with one I tried in the shop. There're many 505 lovers in here, I'll try and get one for you.

thats strange, i have a BTB, and i never had that problem... i suggest going to the store and trying it on another 505 and seing if its built like that or if it is a problem with yours
I have tried other ones at guitar center and none of them have had that problem
PRS Custom 24
PRS Singlecut Trem
Epiphone ES-355
Epiphone Dot Studio
Epiphone Firebird
Fender Stratocaster
um... did you get it from a reliable shop.
if so jus take it back and ask for a hand, im sure they wouldnt mind.
'If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.' Albert Einstein
Hm, I've never had that problem with my 505 before. It would be a safe bet to take it to the shop you got it from and see what they can do. I /did/ have a problem with my batteries for awhile, where it would eat through a battery once a month or so. kind of irrelavant, but whatever.
ok seems crazy but you're not turning the volume knob on accident are you? probably not but hey gotta make sure.

When you start turning the knob from the neck pickup side does it get quieter or does it change tone and then just cut out when you go all the way with it. Might be loose solder on the wire from the pickup and it's just not working at all.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
lol....i'm not hitting the volume knob. The volume cuts out completely after i turn it past a certain point. Actually, it doesn't cut out completely, as i just noticed. But almost all the volume is lost. It has to be really quite to hear it.
PRS Custom 24
PRS Singlecut Trem
Epiphone ES-355
Epiphone Dot Studio
Epiphone Firebird
Fender Stratocaster
sounds like one pickup is much farther away, maybe? or, there is a problem in the wiring...

Nutter-san? I need you!
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
both pickups are about the same height. I don't think it is a distance problem.
PRS Custom 24
PRS Singlecut Trem
Epiphone ES-355
Epiphone Dot Studio
Epiphone Firebird
Fender Stratocaster
Quote by u2addict
both pickups are about the same height. I don't think it is a distance problem.

then it is probably the wiring.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom