its a splawn 4x12 with big blocks. i did not get a head yet so i want to use it as an extension cab for my fender

my question is how do i connect the fender to the splawn?

and i need a speaker cable correct?

edit:
here it is

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Last edited by timzee117 at Dec 31, 2008,
if your fender has a speaker output jack, and yes you would need a speaker cable
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
hot
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Monster-Cable-P500-Speaker-Cable-14?sku=331673

i was thinking about getting this speaker cable, monster has always been reliable to me plus they have a lifetime warrantly

yay or nay and why?

09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Quote by timzee117
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Monster-Cable-P500-Speaker-Cable-14?sku=331673

i was thinking about getting this speaker cable, monster has always been reliable to me plus they have a lifetime warrantly

yay or nay and why?

A lot of people on UG will tell you that Monster are a complete waste of money. I personally think they are better than any of the other cables out there, but thats just my opinion.
If you like monster, then go for it. I wouldnt, but thats because I prefer to make my own. ITs personal preference.

Perhaps I'm being stupid, but I cant see a length on that website for the cable you linked to. I'd be wary of that. I know musicians friend are a reputable company and all, but whos to say your not going to get 6 inches of cable, or 60 feet of it?!
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
it says "3 foot...24.95"

another question my fender i think has 8 ohms out and my cab has 16. is that okay?

09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Get the lowest gauge cable you can find that you're still willing to pay for. I recently upgraded from 16 gauge to 12 gauge and there's a HUGE difference in sound imo.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
i actually just ordered that cable im planning on buying a valvejunior head to put on it. my splawn head doesnt come for another 2 or 3 weeks

do you think 5 watts tube pushing a 4x12 would be able to keep up with a drummer just for basement jamming?

09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Quote by timzee117
do you think 5 watts tube pushing a 4x12 would be able to keep up with a drummer just for basement jamming?

If he plays really soft, maybe.

My Vox AD30VT isn't loud enough to get over a moderately-hitting drummer, and my Duncan I have to crank to about half, and that's with it set on 100W (and it's tube ).
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
damn oh well i just dont want a cab sitting around my house for a few weeks unplayed.

im gonna sell off the vj to my friend anyway

09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Quote by timzee117
damn oh well i just dont want a cab sitting around my house for a few weeks unplayed.

im gonna sell off the vj to my friend anyway

It might work, you never know. I've personally never cranked one full on, a lot of people say they're pretty loud, but I can't imagine them being that loud.

I mean, you'll probably be able to hear yourself, but I doubt the drummer will behind all his cymbals
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by timzee117
i actually just ordered that cable im planning on buying a valvejunior head to put on it. my splawn head doesnt come for another 2 or 3 weeks

Don't listen to that guy. You won't get anywhere close to clean sounds but you'll get really nice, and loud enough, overdriven tones.
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
i use that monster cable, i have no complaints. haven't tried any others though.

and a vj and a drummer alone would be fine. if you add in another guitarist and bass, you'll just sit in the mix, but won't really stand out at all.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by UnsignedRecords
and a vj and a drummer alone would be fine. if you add in another guitarist and bass, you'll just sit in the mix, but won't really stand out at all.

Maybe the drummers I hang out with just beat the hell out of their drumsets then, it's definitely quite possible!

I'd trust UnsignedRecords' answer though.

Oh and Timzee, what cosmetic options did you get on your SuperStock?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
^ i wasn't really playing anything too metally with it, but there were some pretty hard rock moments where it held up. it was boosted with a zakk wylde OD ( ) through a crappy crate 4x12.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by MatrixClaw
If he plays really soft, maybe.

My Vox AD30VT isn't loud enough to get over a moderately-hitting drummer, and my Duncan I have to crank to about half, and that's with it set on 100W (and it's tube ).

lol wut.

I could get over my old drummer with my 15w MG (and he played like a mother****er, I tell you) Granted, I had to crank it to about 7 or so but it was still possible.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
lol wut.

I could get over my old drummer with my 15w MG (and he played like a mother****er, I tell you) Granted, I had to crank it to about 7 or so but it was still possible.

Well I could certainly hear myself, but the drummer said he couldn't hear a thing, which explains why what he was playing didn't go with what i was playing at all
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
(in reference to the thread title)...

...so did i.

just kidding, but man do i want to get an ext. cab for my F-50. nice grab man.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by i_am_metalhead
A lot of people on UG will tell you that Monster are a complete waste of money. I personally think they are better than any of the other cables out there, but thats just my opinion.

+1. i agree. what's wrong with monsters? monsters are too expensive. you pay like 10 bucks less and get a cable that's only slightly worse. yes. that's how it works. if you want a slightly better cable, you pay a hefty sum.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
congrats on the cab

i guess if it were me I would tell Splawn just to ship everything at once. Man, the GAS would just kill me.

I played an Epi Valve with it's own cab at GC and I didn't think it was very loud. UnisignedRecords probably has more exerience with one though I would say.

Yes, match the ohms from head to cab.
Quote by MatrixClaw
Maybe the drummers I hang out with just beat the hell out of their drumsets then, it's definitely quite possible!

I'd trust UnsignedRecords' answer though.

Oh and Timzee, what cosmetic options did you get on your SuperStock?

i got it to look like a vintage plexi. black tolex gold piping and ****

i cant wait for it to come now

my parents said no on the whole vj thing, they're like you just spent 3 grand on an amp and you want another one. so i think im gonna hook my fender up into it and see how that goes

edit: just realized i talked about the fender in my original post lol (****ing new years). how do you think a hot rod deluxe will sound pushing a 4x12 with big blocks (essentially higher wattage g12h30's)

09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Congrats on the amp and cab. And happy new year!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by timzee117
i got it to look like a vintage plexi. black tolex gold piping and ****

i cant wait for it to come now

my parents said no on the whole vj thing, they're like you just spent 3 grand on an amp and you want another one. so i think im gonna hook my fender up into it and see how that goes

edit: just realized i talked about the fender in my original post lol (****ing new years). how do you think a hot rod deluxe will sound pushing a 4x12 with big blocks (essentially higher wattage g12h30's)

Ah cool, so close to how my Nitro looked, but gold instead of white, that's good, I can't stand that open grille thing in the front, it just looks stupid imo

I think it will sound like a better Hot Rod Deluxe haha.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Ah cool, so close to how my Nitro looked, but gold instead of white, that's good, I can't stand that open grille thing in the front, it just looks stupid imo

I think it will sound like a better Hot Rod Deluxe haha.

i agree it does look dumb lol for me it was either plexi or jcm 800 both are classic

anyway i took a look at the back of my fender and it has 2 speaker jacks. one of the the combo's speaker is plugged into and the other one is for an extension cab. i assume i just plug into vacant jack. but i want to disconnect the speaker in the combo, my question is should i plug the cab into the slot that the fenders speaker was originally in or should i just use the extension cab jack

09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

I was disappointed when i clicked on this thread.

I thought it said "my cab camel".... and there are no camels to be seen
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
matrixclaw, after looking back at the splawn site i kidna like the nitro design, its the superstock and supercomp designs that i cant stand lol

09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe