I will be buying a Line 6 POD XT (maybe) in the near future, and am wondering if I should sell my Line 6 UX2 for around 100$ on craigslist?
What can my UX2 do that a POX XT can't?

Also, what is a good combo amp for around 400$? I need something versatile (From clean, to metal)
Last edited by Nate.K at Jan 1, 2009,
Im not sure about your UX2, but I can recomend a versatile amp

Now I know many UGers arent line 6 amp fans, but the Spider Valve isnt like the solid state line 6's.

I reccomend looking at a used SpiderValve 112. Should be around that price range hopefully. I own a SpiderValve 212, baught it because I play a wide range of styles and am still looking for my own signature tone.

So yeah I believe looking for a used spidervalve is a good idea for you concidering you asked for something that can play both clean and metal (the SV can do that and everything in between to be honest)
Ok, I have heard from some UG people that the B-52 is a very unreliable amp...
I threw in the amp question just to see some opinions, but my main question is still the UX2 related one...
Answers please?
Quote by Nate.K
Ok, I have heard from some UG people that the B-52 is a very unreliable amp...
I threw in the amp question just to see some opinions, but my main question is still the UX2 related one...
Answers please?

Pretty sure they fixed the reliability issues. Mine never failed me as long as I had it.
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Gmarkey
Im not sure about your UX2, but I can recomend a versatile amp

Now I know many UGers arent line 6 amp fans, but the Spider Valve isnt like the solid state line 6's.

I reccomend looking at a used SpiderValve 112. Should be around that price range hopefully. I own a SpiderValve 212, baught it because I play a wide range of styles and am still looking for my own signature tone.

So yeah I believe looking for a used spidervalve is a good idea for you concidering you asked for something that can play both clean and metal (the SV can do that and everything in between to be honest)

No, the SV is pretty ****ty. It's sterile and lacks any warmth whatsoever. It's better than the other Spiders, but nowhere near a good tube amp.
Quote by JilaX^
No, the SV is pretty ****ty. It's sterile and lacks any warmth whatsoever. It's better than the other Spiders, but nowhere near a good tube amp.

Have you tried one?

I've owned many high-end amps, the last time I went into Guitar Center, I tried out a Peavey 5150, JSX and XXX, VHT 50/CL and Deliverance, Diezel Einstein and VH4, Krank Rev+, Soldano Avenger, Marshall JVM and Vintage Modern, as well as the Spider Valve.

The only amp I liked better was the Einstein and the VHTs

The distortion was fizzy on the high gain models, but I'm sure it could be dialed out with more tweaking. Other than that, it had a more in-your-face sound than most and it still retained a lot of qualities of a tube amp. It's not going to be for everyone, sure, but it's definitely not a piece of ****

And TS, to answer your question, about the only thing you can't do with the XT is that you can't use the abilities of POD Farm live, I think you can use it plugged into the computer though? Which basically means you can't use two amps at once. You also don't have phantom power to power condenser mics.

I haven't heard of any B-52 having problems in over a year.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Have you tried one?

I've owned many high-end amps, the last time I went into Guitar Center, I tried out a Peavey 5150, JSX and XXX, VHT 50/CL and Deliverance, Diezel Einstein and VH4, Krank Rev+, Soldano Avenger, Marshall JVM and Vintage Modern, as well as the Spider Valve.

The only amp I liked better was the Einstein and the VHTs

The distortion was fizzy on the high gain models, but I'm sure it could be dialed out with more tweaking. Other than that, it had a more in-your-face sound than most and it still retained a lot of qualities of a tube amp. It's not going to be for everyone, sure, but it's definitely not a piece of ****

And TS, to answer your question, about the only thing you can't do with the XT is that you can't use the abilities of POD Farm live, I think you can use it plugged into the computer though? Which basically means you can't use two amps at once. You also don't have phantom power to power condenser mics.

I haven't heard of any B-52 having problems in over a year.

Yes I have tried one, but I honestly couldn't stand it. Fairly fizzy and sterile. That's what I dislike the most about it, the sterile generic sound.

I'm not much of a metal guitar player anyways *shrugs*