Well decided not to go for the Ovation and now I cant decide between a Yamaha FGX730SCA and a Taylor 110. What do you guys think. I have played both and I felt that the Taylor played a bit better and they both sounded very nice.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
taylor...

i have one and would never get rid of it.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Oh, and yes, I realize one is acoustic electric. I admit, it would be a nice feature but I don't need it because I have found in every case so far that I'll just end up micing it anyway.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
yea i have a taylor 410 that i would never get rid of....but hvae played some nice feeling yamaha, just don't know about which ones
my music....so check it out

www.myspace.com/copperchild
If your budget allows it, forget the 110 and go straight for the 300 series. The Taylor acoustics really start to get serious at the 300 series. I have a 314CE and love it. The thing sounds great acoustic or plugged in.
Quote by KG6_Steven
If your budget allows it, forget the 110 and go straight for the 300 series. The Taylor acoustics really start to get serious at the 300 series. I have a 314CE and love it. The thing sounds great acoustic or plugged in.

I thought about this too (all solid and whatnot) but I just can't afford it right now. Besides, If I had that kind of money I would probably just order a Cole Clark from Australia. Don't get me wrong, I love Taylors but in that price range I would definitely go for something like a Cole Clark.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
You can never go wrong with Yamaha. They make quality guitars. Of course, Taylor does too...

In this price range though, you can get all-solid wood. Did you try an Epiphone Masterbuilt, Alvarez, or Washburn? I know that in this price range all 3 companies carry all-solid acoustics.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
You can never go wrong with Yamaha. They make quality guitars. Of course, Taylor does too...

In this price range though, you can get all-solid wood. Did you try an Epiphone Masterbuilt, Alvarez, or Washburn? I know that in this price range all 3 companies carry all-solid acoustics.

I do like the Masterbilts in general so I may look into that a bit more. What would some good Alvarez guitars be in the price range. Never really been a fan of anything Washburn has made but I don't think I've tried any of their midrange acoustics before. If I see one I'll definitely check it out.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Well I just know names. I've never really had a chance to physically play an Alvarez, unfortunately, but I've never heard one I didn't like. Sorry for my lack of knowledge on them.

I would also look into Seagull. In this price range you can get their 25th Anniversary Edition. Solid spruce top. Solid mahogany back and sides. And they sound beautiful and play amazingly to boot.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
Well I just know names. I've never really had a chance to physically play an Alvarez, unfortunately, but I've never heard one I didn't like. Sorry for my lack of knowledge on them.

I would also look into Seagull. In this price range you can get their 25th Anniversary Edition. Solid spruce top. Solid mahogany back and sides. And they sound beautiful and play amazingly to boot.

No problem, and I can't believe I forgot about Seagull.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Masterbilts are great guitars. I would pick one up since they sound good fingerpicked, but I just installed a FWI saddle into my Martin and no longer have a need to buy another guitar just for fingerpicking(The improvement was that big).

I would personally go with the Yamaha. The 100 and 200 series taylors seem to lack the tonal depth that I like.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
did you get your fwi from colossi awsome if you did i put one in my 110 and yeah the overtones and sparkle just pop right out at you. i wish i played well enough to go for the nut and pins as well but thats another 200 dollars. tell you what ill try to do it just so i can say i am checking them out for you deal?
Yeah, I got it from Bob Colosi LOLL. He was really helpful. Responding to emails within 20 minutes. If any man in the world knows good customer service, it would be Bob.

The difference between Tusq and FWI is quite evident. More volume, more overtones, more articulation, more sustain. Awesome stuff, really.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by captivate
Masterbilts are great guitars. I would pick one up since they sound good fingerpicked, but I just installed a FWI saddle into my Martin and no longer have a need to buy another guitar just for fingerpicking(The improvement was that big).

I would personally go with the Yamaha. The 100 and 200 series taylors seem to lack the tonal depth that I like.

Meh, I don't really do fingerstyle.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm