You should be good with the stack. Altho I would definately replace that cab with a 4X12, so you can have more bass in your sound.
I don't see why people feel the need to have a half stack. A 30 watt tube combo is plenty loud for anything. If you are playing a large venue, they put you through the house PA anyway.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
My dad just really wants me to get a Valve amp, he like an amplifier buff (mainly for listening not guitars) and has built his own amplifier.

THe world of amps is more overwhelming than guitar to be honest.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
My dad just really wants me to get a Valve amp, he like an amplifier buff (mainly for listening not guitars) and has built his own amplifier.

THe world of amps is more overwhelming than guitar to be honest.

Well tell him to build you one and save your cash lol
Quote by freshtunes
I don't see why people feel the need to have a half stack. A 30 watt tube combo is plenty loud for anything. If you are playing a large venue, they put you through the house PA anyway.

/thread.

Unless you're playing stadiums, you don't really need a half stack unless you want something to appear bigger than it really is.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Okay good,

My dad cant build me an amp, hes spent more than all my entire time alive to build one, so Ill have one by the time I'm having my own children D=

My budget is up to £200, which is like $300 isnt it?
I dont know the exchange rate.
Cheap valve amps can be just as bad as cheap SS amps in some cases, and that does look a bit too cheap. Just get a nice tube combo, as I'm sure there's no reason for you to need a stack.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Thats a hybrid. It specifies valve preamp, wihch is less important to the desirable characteristics of a tube amp than having a tube power amp.
what's wrong with used?

I'd find myself a decent (not great - not for that money) all-tube head and get that first - maybe a carvin.

there's nothing sadder than a large but crap-sounding amp...and from reading the desc. of this "hybrid" (as if the tube pre really counts for ****...) I can only expect this would be sub-Peavey.
---
Only assholes vote Republican.
---
1988 Gibson SG Deluxe
1975 Hiwatt DR103
Carvin X100B