Ok. I have some questions about starting a band.
Music style=SOme sort of Rock or Metal. I Don't Care.
How can I recruit people. The only bassist i know is a girl. She is a metalhead thank god. One of my friends is a singer. Us three are good friends. How can I get them to start a band with me. We will also need a drummer. Problem is i just don't know how to approach them. I asked the singer friend and he was like "why?" and just changed the subject. Help me please.

Thanks.
Talk about why you want to start a band with the singer and bassist and what you hope to achieve with it, if they share similar goals then go for it, if not don't force it.
Surely you know a drummer, they're not too hard to come by, if you can't find one advertise the position.
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
Quote by FFTLxx
Talk about why you want to start a band with the singer and bassist and what you hope to achieve with it, if they share similar goals then go for it, if not don't force it.
Surely you know a drummer, they're not too hard to come by, if you can't find one advertise the position.

SURELY this must be a joke lol. I live in new york city and only know 5 drummers, who play rock/metal, all of them uninterested or taken! I have to use a drum machine at practice....

but anway, to make this not spam. Just ask them, tell them it would be fun, a bonding experience, whatever.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
The Bible is awesome. Revelation is so badass, I mean, dragons and angels and the devil having an epic battle in the clouds? Badass.
"wanna be in a band?"

and it really is that simple.
they say no, then find someone else. singers arnt too hard to come by, you've just gotta be prepared to sift through all the crap ones.
Who decided that pie would be sold on Tuesday but not Wednesday?
Just ask them.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc

Hi 5 man! this is what Im talkin bout!

Rig:
05' B.C. Rich Warlock
Line 6 Spide III 75 Watt Combo
Behringer Cry Babe
Digitech Death Metal
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Rodam Cables
D'aDarrio XL
Chain for a strap
just say you want to be in a band for such and such reasons
if they say no don't pressure them, because if they don't want to be in it then its not going to work out.
(\__/)
(='.'=)Help the Bunny
(")_(")