Poll: Which Strings?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which Strings?
Ernie Ball Regular Slinky's
28 58%
Elixir Light Nanoweb's
20 42%
Voters: 48.
I'm debating between Elixir Light Nanoweb's or Ernie Ball Regular Slinks, I've heard great things about both but that the Elixir's last a lot longer than the Ernie Balls. Has anybody played them/has a preference?

Thanks!
Guitars
Fender American Strat
Gibson SG

Amps & Effects

Fender Superchamp XD
Digitech RP-3
Boss SD-1
You can't go wrong either way, buy both of them.

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha
i've used both and i like the ernie balls better.
Quote by horny_cactus
Who's Rick Roll? Sorry for my ignorance I just joined this forum so I don't yet Know that member.
I personally prefer Ernie Ball strings, haven't used Elixirs in a while though..
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
I use both and you can't go wrong with either. Elixirs are more expensive, of course.

MadTaco
"He who controls the past, controls the future. He who controls the present, controls the past." - Orwell
ernie ball! the string of champions (low e string) =)
Quote by geeve420
only one solution..........rape, but not from you cause that's just wrong. Go into town and hire someone.
I have used both sets, and I can surely say the exlixir strings last 3 times longer than the Ernie Ball ones, and sound even better.
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Banned for being the coolest April 08'er on UG.

please check out my own album:
almilano.bandcamp.com
Recently switched from Ernie Balls on my strat to a set of Elixirs. The Elixirs have lasted about as long as an EB set would've and they still sound, feel and keep in-tune like new, plus the ones I've on my PRS copy will be a year old in February(except for the high E, a victim of my old heavily-high-E-based improv), and their still going strong. So I'd have to say the Elixir's blow the EB's out of the water. Some people dislike the Nanoweb though, get a set of EB's so you can snip the Elixirs and put on the EB's if you don't like it.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
i use the elixir nanoweb lights and they are very good strings. they last a lot longer than the ernie ball's, but they are quite a bit more expensive. If you're lookin for cheap but still pretty good strings, go with the ernie ball's but if you are willin to spend a little extra definately go with the elixir nanoweb.
I used Ernie Ball Slinkies for the longest time, several years, until I got fed up with them rusting so early. I switched to Elixers, and they're better in every way. They feel and play awesome because of the coating, they last much longer, and sound great. It's really no contest.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
I prefer Elixir. I love the feel of em. I havent played on Ernie ball but I'll definetly get them next.
Me's Stuff!
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Unknown (Cheap Brand) Fender Stratocaster

Amps:
Esteban G-10
Dean Marley GT-1000T (Less than 5 inchs tall)
Peavey Vypyr 15W
Anything but Ernie Balls, Elixir are good but go ahead and treat yourself to some GHS or DRs.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Ernie Balls for sure man. I don't like the Elixers much. They're better on acoustic. Go Cleartone if you want long lasting strings. I was changing my D'Addarios every 5 or 6 days but the Cleartones usually last me around 3 weeks.
Neither, they both suck. Elixar are great for acoustic but bad for electric. EB sound great at first but lose that fresh string sound fast. I suggest Ddarrio( I know that's spelt wrong). Great value and sound good too.
its all about persnall perference, but i hate EB's and never tried elixers but you sould have a look at GHS