Hey, I am building a Les Paul guitar, and I want to get passive Humbuckers for it, but I just don't know which humbuckers to get. I want a rich metal tone, that of either James Hetfield or Dean Dimebad Darrell... Currently I have a Behringer VIRTUBE VT15CD Amplifier but I'm planning on getting a new Amp with more options like distortion, delay, reverd, etc...
(to the amp part)
i hope you dont get an amp because of the effects and stuff because that just shows that its gonna end up to be a line six spider or another Solid state amp for ****ty bedroom metal wanabe's like my friend monty. its a sad site, trust me. if you want effects then look into pedals. Pedals are easyer to handle and most of them sound awesome (dont get combo pedals, those are just built like ****).

james hetfield uses burstbuckers or emg's i believe, dime bag uses his dimebuckers, and that kinda stuff. look into your fav artist tones and look at what they use
schecter hellraiser c-1 fr
GAS list...
Mesa roadster with 2/12 recto cab
PGM 301
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels
Quote by xFinnellx
(to the amp part)
i hope you dont get an amp because of the effects and stuff because that just shows that its gonna end up to be a line six spider or another Solid state amp for ****ty bedroom metal wanabe's like my friend monty. its a sad site, trust me. if you want effects then look into pedals. Pedals are easyer to handle and most of them sound awesome (dont get combo pedals, those are just built like ****).

james hetfield uses burstbuckers or emg's i believe, dime bag uses his dimebuckers, and that kinda stuff. look into your fav artist tones and look at what they use

dimebag didnt use dimebuckers cuz the dimebuckers are created years after dime died
thats what think though
to TS go save up for a new amp
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I was planning to get a Vox, Marshall, or a Krank... I don't know much about amps themselves... and also if you could tell me what position they do best in on the guitar... Neck or bridge...
Last edited by Bigjohn9397 at Jan 1, 2009,
Quote by Bigjohn9397
I was planning to get a Vox, Marshall, or a Krank... I don't know much about amps themselves... and also if you could tell me what position they do best in on the guitar... Neck or bridge...

for the amp
what is your budget ?
do you gig?
for the pickups
it depends what pups you buy
i suggest buying a new amp first
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
The amp you get is going to be far more important to your tone than pickups. For a James Hetfield tone, specifically which era of Metallica are you speaking? From their early days up until the Black Album they used Marshall JCM800s and Mesa/Boogie Mark IIC+ amps, and later on branched out alot.

For those sorts of tones check out a B-52 AT-112, it runs about $360 and will cover Metallica and Dimebag tones. (although Dime's tone was never particularly spectacular to me...)
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Dimarzio D activators they are passive and give a good active pickup response.
94 Epi LP. Thin 335 style neck Schaller locking tuners Dimarzio PAF PRO (bridge) Gibson 57 re-issue (neck)
If you plan on getting an amp anyway, I'd get that 1st. It's easy to get a pickup that is just right for your amp but finding the right amp to go with a specific pickup can be very difficult and expensive.

If you are dead set on getting the pickups 1st you should at least narrow down what the amp will be. A Vox ac30 will want different pickups than a Fender bassman which will want different pickups than a Mesa Dual Rec. Get what I'm saying?

This is coming from a guy that makes pickups for a living... Just something to think about.
Not taking any online orders.