I personally think it is a shame to waste life like this. But I think the Israelis are dramatically overreacting. The rocket attacks by Palestine, no matter how small or large have killed far few then the Israeli Air Forces air strikes have. I also do not understand why Israel has to put videos on youtube showing the strikes. Its just making them appear as more of a bully than the initial aggressors. But I can see where the Israelis are coming from, because they have had nothing but trouble since becoming its own independent nation.

What do you folks think of the new series of attacks by both sides?

Remember: Be civil in your discussion. I am aware we have some Israeli members, and I would like their opinion on this matter and hope they make it safely through this new escalation.
This is a perfect example of classic asymmetrical warfare. The Palestinian forces use their strengths as a local force, hit and run tactics and use civilians as cover. The vastly inferior force doesn't abide by the rules of war and hopes that the superior force does. Even if the Superior force is unscrupulous and does attack, killing civilians and such, the inferior force has gained a great source of propaganda against their enemy.

Israel is fucked. They are a symbol of American hegemony over the region and there is a growing movement against America's dominance in the world. Furthermore, they are surrounded by enemies.
I think it's partially justified. I don't agree with war at all, but the Isrealits* and Palestines people seem to. So if they have the weapons, obviously they are going to use them. If the government continued to sit by and let random rockets kill innocents all the time, the people would expect the weapons to be used.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Last edited by Jericho114 at Dec 31, 2008,
I personally don't think israel should ever have been created, I do not support either side, though I do support the palestinian people (not government).
Israel with Apache Attack Helicopters and F-16's- 365

Hamas with bottle rockets- 4
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
IF you do some reading you will discover that Israel has no actual right to the land insofar as the jewish people never actually existed there until the creation of Isreal in the 1900's, and the Palestines have existed there for hundreds of years
The war there is a creation that benefits others while destroying the land and its people
Honestly, this proves that religion just fuels war. Several people claiming land, and killing others for 1000's of years because they think a "spirit" justifies their actions.

Good luck to the innocent people stuck in the middle
Quote by ccam555
I personally think it is a shame to waste life like this. But I think the Israelis are dramatically overreacting. The rocket attacks by Palestine, no matter how small or large have killed far few then the Israeli Air Forces air strikes have. I also do not understand why Israel has to put videos on youtube showing the strikes. Its just making them appear as more of a bully than the initial aggressors. But I can see where the Israelis are coming from, because they have had nothing but trouble since becoming its own independent nation.

What do you folks think of the new series of attacks by both sides?

Remember: Be civil in your discussion. I am aware we have some Israeli members, and I would like their opinion on this matter and hope they make it safely through this new escalation.

Ok. Imagine you have someone poking you with a pin. Constantly for 5 years.

How would you react?

Not too good I bet.

Now multiply the time by 1000. Multiply the size of the pin by billions and fill it with es.

And there. Not you got what Israel has on its hands.

As much as Im opposed to war, I think there is no blame on Israel. They dont initiate anything.

Palestine and the other middle eastern countries are always the ones to break the countless cease-fires or peace treaties.

Israel even GAVE them land for NOTHING.... the Palestinians got the Gaza Strips and the West Bank to call their own. Directly from Israel.

Yet theyre still stupid enough to bite the hand that feed them....

Quote by broken fusion!
IF you do some reading you will discover that Israel has no actual right to the land insofar as the jewish people never actually existed there until the creation of Isreal in the 1900's, and the Palestines have existed there for hundreds of years
The war there is a creation that benefits others while destroying the land and its people

WTF???? The Jews first got to Israel thousands of years ago when they left Egypt! They were there first. They just keep getting pushed around.

Hell, Judaism was created thousands of years before Muhammed was even born.
Last edited by aaronob at Dec 31, 2008,
as far as I can tell, this conflict has been going on for thousands of years, so long infact, that neither party really understands why they are fighting. thats my opinion anyway
Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by El Gigante
Honestly, this proves that religion just fuels war. Several people claiming land, and killing others for 1000's of years because they think a "spirit" justifies their actions.

Fighting for religion in my opinion should be an arrestable offence. They honestly have no proof of what they fight over, yet innocent people die because of it everyday.

It's like trying to justify a war over whether aliens exist or not.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Quote by broken fusion!

They may of had no right then but they have set up shop so it is theirs, and its not as if the Palestinians can force them out.
Quote by El Gigante

Religion didn't cause the fighting. It is only what is used to incite the masses. It's really about power and greed, just like nearly every war ever fought. It's never really just about religion.

Foreign powers have dominated the Middle East for decades. There was a population boom, the countries are developing, there are tons of jobless angry young men, people are pissed off.