Page 1 of 15
whaaa- i'm pretty sure they have no relation or influence by cynic =P
despite cynic being an incredible band.
Hey they aren't too bad for a 4 piece.
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
Those guys are pretty good imo
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Generic, etcetc, but they're really good for a generic deathcore band. Great live. They only have one guitarist, but he uses an autoharmonizer and loop pedal so we get all the harmonies and all. Fairly impressive.
Quote by saxaxe
Generic, etcetc, but they're really good for a generic deathcore band. Great live. They only have one guitarist, but he uses an autoharmonizer and loop pedal so we get all the harmonies and all. Fairly impressive.

Yeah, that was definitely something fun to watch when they played. I enjoyed the performance, but the music isn't really something I'd listen to, ya know?
Quote by MustangMan311
Yeah, that was definitely something fun to watch when they played. I enjoyed the performance, but the music isn't really something I'd listen to, ya know?

Yea, I've gotten over it. I used to LOVE it, but...meh. I enjoy seeing them though.
I actually enjoy Common Man's Collapse here and there
And you can't spell funeral
without fun
hope you had a good time
cuz now your life is done
I saw them live in October on the Faceless tour. They are definitely amazing live. It sucks I only like half the album, and I'm not too sure they will be able to exceed Comman Man's Collapse. But we'll see; they're very talented. I'm seeing them with After The Burial as well.
adtthosa, you should check out Fellsilent. They're headlining that tour, and are quite good.
^I'm going to that show too. Except Veil of Maya and After the Burial are co-headlining and Fellsilent and ABBACABB are opening. All of them except ABBACABB should be pretty awesome to see. After the Burial are amazing live, I saw them opening for BOO, but I really hope they're headlining the NC date.

I don't know, everyone seems to compare Veil of Maya to BOO, and I can see the similarities, but they're not carbon copies like everyone seems to think. That's not something I've noticed in this thread, but I've seen it a lot elsewhere.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake
^I'm going to that show too. Except Veil of Maya and After the Burial are co-headlining and Fellsilent and ABBACABB are opening. All of them except ABBACABB should be pretty awesome to see. After the Burial are amazing live, I saw them opening for BOO, but I really hope they're headlining the NC date.

I don't know, everyone seems to compare Veil of Maya to BOO, and I can see the similarities, but they're not carbon copies like everyone seems to think. That's not something I've noticed in this thread, but I've seen it a lot elsewhere.

After the Burial is SO good live. Fingers Like Daggers, Cursing Akenhaten and Aspirations are INCREDIBLE live.
ANYWAY. I wish I could make it to the show. The closest one to here is like 4 hours away.
I've seen all the bands except fellsilent, who're a GREAT new band on Sumerian.
Quote by saxaxe
After the Burial is SO good live. Fingers Like Daggers, Cursing Akenhaten and Aspirations are INCREDIBLE live.
ANYWAY. I wish I could make it to the show. The closest one to here is like 4 hours away.

FellSilent are so good live, brutal. Nice to see a UK band signed by the label.

Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
Quote by saxaxe

Haha, Fingers Like Daggers is the only ATB song I don't like. What's with those vocals in the middle? They don't have anything like that on any of their other songs (which is perfectly okay with me). But yes, everything else they played was incredible. I fucking love Aspiration, such a great song. I believe you and I saw them on the same tour, opening for BOO? I hope they're headlining the NC date so they can play more songs. I don't know which are their most popular, but It'd be awesome if they played Berserker, The Forfeit, or Isolation Theory.

Anyway, hope it works out for you and you can make that show. I'm looking forward to Fellsilent too.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Last edited by GodofCheesecake at Jan 2, 2009,
Fellsilent are okay, but I don't really like the vocals. I'm sure I will enjoy them live.

I am really looking forward to After the Burial, Aspiration has probably been my favorite song in the last few months.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Haha, Fingers Like Daggers is the only ATB song I don't like. What's with those vocals in the middle? They don't have anything like that on any of their other songs (which is perfectly okay with me). But yes, everything else they played was incredible. I fucking love Aspiration, such a great song. I believe you and I saw them on the same tour, opening for BOO? I hope they're headlining the NC date so they can play more songs. I don't know which are their most popular, but It'd be awesome if they played Berserker, The Forfeit, or Isolation Theory.

Anyway, hope it works out for you and you can make that show. I'm looking forward to Fellsilent too.

They didn't play Berzerker the last 3 times I saw them. I think they did the first two times though haha.
But yea, I don't like the clean vocals, but the rest is great. Aspiration is SO good live.
But yea. Veil of Maya. w00
Quote by saxaxe
They didn't play Berzerker the last 3 times I saw them. I think they did the first two times though haha.
But yea, I don't like the clean vocals, but the rest is great. Aspiration is SO good live.
But yea. Veil of Maya. w00

Oh, that's right. I forgot that you have some inside deal going on with Sumerian. You've seen them FIVE TIMES?! The BOO show was the first and only time I've seen them.

JEALOUSYYYYYYYY

But yeah, uh, Veil of Maya are good.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
I was the last post, but I need to bump because I only have like four songs by Veil of Maya, but they've been growing on me a little bit and I'm seeing them Thursday. What are some of their other good songs, preferably ones they usually play live? I've got It's Not Safe To Swim Today, We Bow In Its Aura (my two favorite), Crawl Back, Entry Level Exit Wounds, and Pillars.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
My favourite song by this band is Your World Of Lies off their old album, but I doubt they play that live. You pretty much have the best ones, also check out It's Torn Away.

Seeing these guys Feb. 22nd, looking forward to it.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
I was the last post, but I need to bump because I only have like four songs by Veil of Maya, but they've been growing on me a little bit and I'm seeing them Thursday. What are some of their other good songs, preferably ones they usually play live? I've got It's Not Safe To Swim Today, We Bow In Its Aura (my two favorite), Crawl Back, Entry Level Exit Wounds, and Pillars.

mark the lines is my favorite

Quote by wilty00
Aren't you kind of scared walking around in the dark with a carniverous loon on the loose?
It's Torn Away is pretty sick, and ironically enough I also got Mark the Lines before I saw that post haha^^^

Loving the melodies.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
You might as well download the whole album, all the songs are good.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
I'll take my post from the "Top 5 Deathcore Bands" thread.

So i just listened to Veil of Maya, and I'm blown away.

Its like a more technical Born of Osiris with a better vocalist.
Me and a friend hung out with them once at a show.
The guitarist was talking to my friend when he stopped, sniffed the air and says to us "I smell weed". He takes off walking, all the way across the parking lot, me and my friend smell nothing. Well we get over to this van and he opens the door. In the van there is a guy ROLLING a joint, not even smoking it. Moral of the story.....nah, those guys just know their weed.

Anyways, great band.

Edit: Veil of Maya is from the same neighborhood as Born of Osiris and the dudes know each other.
Jackson DK2M
Jackson DXMGT
Jackson Rhoads V
Jackson Stealth
Yahmaha El-Cheapo Acoustic

Randall G2
Randall Cyclone
Behringer 4x12 Cab

Dunlop Crybaby Wah
MXR Fullbore Metal
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
ISP Decimator
I heard the melodic riff on It's Not Safe To Swim Today and got real interested in these guys. Unfortunately none of their other songs include anything as cool as that, and they play too many damn repetitive, uninteresting breakdowns. They got technical talent though, I'm not dissing that. Right more riffs like It's Not Safe to Swim Today and they could go places.
Mark the Lines and It's Torn Away have some fairly melodic passages^^

Saw them last night. They're quite good live, especially since they only have one guitarist. I'd probably be a little more excited right now if After the Burial hadn't followed them and blown them away. But that's not VOM's fault. Good band.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
bump because these guys rule so goddamn much, been one of my favourites for a while now

Everyone take 5 mins and listen to we bow in its aura
playing in my town tonight with after the burial and abacabb
they're alright, i just didn't feel like going to the show
My friend plays guitar for a band called Ancestor(formerly called Prevail), and they are apparently playing a show coming up with a side project of Chiodos, and i'm told they sound exactly like this band with a lot of breakdowns. Probably nothing that exciting.
Quote by handbanana
My friend plays guitar for a band called Ancestor(formerly called Prevail), and they are apparently playing a show coming up with a side project of Chiodos, and i'm told they sound exactly like this band with a lot of breakdowns. Probably nothing that exciting.

King?
They're kinda crappy. It's the guitarist from Chiodos. He's got decent chops, but I think his work with Chiodos is a lot better.
I haven't listened to it yet, my friend just told me about it yestrday. He didn't sound that excited about it lol
veil of maya r the ****... talent and skill that gets unrecognised. mainstream ****s!
I think they get enough recognizition talented obviously as a whole nothing that special. I'm just really getting tired of scene kid posers who just jump on all these bandwagons aNd deme an average band to be so special. Honestly deathcore would be ****ing great if there weren't 500 bands trying to copy each other. Veil of maya is wanna be progressive and a wanna be the faceless. I don't like cynic but they just robbed that name from a song and don't even credit them for it.
Quote by acillatem893
I don't like cynic but they just robbed that name from a song and don't even credit them for it.

Do you have any idea HOW many bands do that?