So i recently played a ESP LTD Viper 400 guitar in black at my local shop. It seemed alot like my epiphone sg, but the pick ups were way better and had a thin neck and had 24 fret. Im considering buying it for 600 bucks. is it really worth it though?
very worth it. i had the chance to get either the special edition g-400 with emgs or a viper 400 and after playing both the viper 400 completely blew it out of the water in playability. needless to say i bought it, and have loved every second of playing it.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
They are heavy mothers, even though they don't look it. I like the balance and the feel of them much more then a Epi, or Gibby SG. Go for it.
Wow, those 24 frets sound great, and I love the SG style. I might look into picking one up myself since I need a new guitar anyway.
A more metal version of the SG,I say go for it if you like it.The only actual SG that I can think of that would compare in that price range is the black SG prophecy model.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I have the guitar. AWESOME! And there are several things it has that are not obvious that are hugely important.
1. There's a heel on the headstock to prevent it from snapping off if it the guitar falls.
2. The wiring is neat and clean and easy to access.
3. VERY DURABLE.

All of those are among the obvious quality. I got on Ebay for $330 lol best deal of my life.
sounds good yall. i think ill get it once i save up a little more money. i wanna get a nice case to house it lol. maybe a coffin case?
Ive played 3, one of which is mine, and they are all amazing. And, honestly, it's EMG's dont sound too bad on classic rock and such. EMG's get alot more bashing than they deserve. I've never played a G-400, but I'm pretty sure it can't compete.

coffin cases kick ass. but SKB and TKL also make really good, really protective ones. and u should check out the angus young sg guitar case. it fits the viper and is soooo cool.

but the sight of a viper in a coffin case, well, theres nothing outside of a womans clothes thats sexier than that