I downloaded the .gp4 version of it and I'm running through some of the exercises. It's pretty slick. I'm looking to hear from someone that's made extensive use of it and what kind of results they achieved.

I'm a blues player trying to get into metal and hoping this'll help me out. Fade to Black isn't looking hardly as scary as it used to

Regards,

MadTaco
"He who controls the past, controls the future. He who controls the present, controls the past." - Orwell
ive looked into it, mostly from the guitar world issue that it was in. its ok, just chromatics from what i can see. but im sure if i played it 10 hours every day for a year my fingers would be magical or something =)
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Yes, I notice that the majority of it is chromatic exercises, then he throws in some arpeggio patterns and some cool sequences later on. I'm having fun with it and plan to keep going with it. Cheers.

MadTaco
"He who controls the past, controls the future. He who controls the present, controls the past." - Orwell
sounds cool. i'd check it out but no way I'm gonna practice ten hours with school seven hours.
Quote by professorlamp
its not actually 10 hours long haha

You play each section for a certain amount of time, so that it adds up to ten hours, I think.

The exercises really advanced my ability to play chromatically. It's great.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
It is, as everyone is saying, mostly chromatic

and I use some of the sections as my warmups every time I play, its pretty incredible.

Though as a full time student and part time slave to Wendys Old Fashioned Hamburgers I obviuosly don't have 10 hours at a time to practice

so I say for anyone like me the best thing to do is use it as you have time.

Play through all of it and see what you really need to work on.

for me.... some of the backwards chromatic runs made me a bit angry for a while, I'll admit.

But thats why its called Practice I suppose
links to an explanation of it?

all i can find are the tabs.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
I tried the 30 hour one, which i think is just do the 10 hour one 3 times, i spread it out over a full week instead of 10 hours a day or whatever it was that it reccommended, but it worked wonders on my picking hand, and my fretting hand improved quite alot aswell. =D
I did the first figure for 10 minutes!
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
I'd also like a good link to an explanation of each exercise, and I hear ya on the backwards chromatics being a little frustrating at first, especially after you really "get" them and see that they're mechanically simple.

MadTaco
Where can i find the link?
Quote by Harmonius
If memories could be canned,would they also have expiry dates?If so,i hope they last for centuries.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
I seriously tried to see how many times I could cum in one hour.
I ended up passing out.
No joke.

Quote by Final !mpact
Religion is more evil than metal.
i dont have the money for guitar pro..

any links? videos? anything for an explanation on this?

i just started playing with them metronome, i blew through figure one and felt like a retard when i got stuck on two, but i made it
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

I love how steve vai takes a scale/arpegio, throws it into a package with a bunch of other scales/arpegios, calls it "his" and makes thousands because every begginer guitarist has to know his "secret".

Black then white are all I see,
in my infancy, red and yellow then came to be.
Quote by <SpaceTime>
I love how steve vai takes a scale/arpegio, throws it into a package with a bunch of other scales/arpegios, calls it "his" and makes thousands because every begginer guitarist has to know his "secret".

hes not claiming as his, he may of put it together though. making the finished product his, not the scales themselves.
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Yeah, the main point he makes is, "Practice alot and practice well"
Quote by Lakey
Yeah, the main point he makes is, "Practice alot and practice well"

+432535345 to practice well, and practice RIGHT

if you are like we and waste who knows how many hours a week playing whatever you already know you arent getting anywhere.
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Quote by Lakey
I tried the 30 hour one, which i think is just do the 10 hour one 3 times, i spread it out over a full week instead of 10 hours a day or whatever it was that it reccommended, but it worked wonders on my picking hand, and my fretting hand improved quite alot aswell. =D

The 30 hour workout was supposed to be a revised version, but he ended up adding a load of wisdom he'd learned since the 10 hour version. I use the 30 hour workout myself.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
Wow, just tried it, and it works pretty well. I've only done the first two figures, but its a great warm up excersise, and once I get to the later ones, I'm sure I'll improve a lot.
superman is killing himself tonight
Yup, Tux Guitar does the trick nicely and looks very similar to GP. Thanks for posting.

MadTaco