Page 1 of 2
I have the option to buy a Classic Antique Zebrawood Les Paul now, or I have the option to wait and get a Wild Mint PRS Mira. I have to wait for the latter because Mira's are some what of a rare commodity up here, do I'd have to place an order. I play Led Zep, Jimi Hendrix, Black Sabbath, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles etc...

I just wanted to know what UG's thoughts are on those two companies and models.
Gibson Les Paul Zebrawood LP:

PRS Mira
Last edited by Dirty_Civilian at Dec 31, 2008,
zebra wood!!!
Quote by horny_cactus
Who's Rick Roll? Sorry for my ignorance I just joined this forum so I don't yet Know that member.
I'd go with the LP,simply because it looks amazing with the zebrawood and probably has a really unique tone to it.You can't go wrong either way really,this is a win/win situation.Play them both and decide from there.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
I'd go with the LP,simply because it looks amazing with the zebrawood and probably has a really unique tone to it.You can't go wrong either way really,this is a win/win situation.Play them both and decide from there.

This!

And yeah...you win either way, lol.
Quote by kckyle
does the zebra wood have a finish on top of it?

It has a thin satin gloss on it, but thing enough to feel the grain through. Over time it will shine up, but you can just fix that by using 0000 steel wool.
Anyone have an idea of what the tonal characteristics of zebrawood are?

When you get down to it both guitars are USA made,double humbucker rock guitars.

The Mira wins fret access hands down

The LP wins looks and the rarity factor

I imagine that the zebrawood adds something really unique to the LP as well.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I'd go with the Les Paul myself, but play them and see which you prefer! Have fun, I'm sure you will!

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
you gotta take the Les Paul. That PRS(visually)doesn't do it for me and you look at your food before you eat it.
Les Paul without a doubt, just look at it
A reviewer said High School Musical is "squeakier than Minnie Mouse at the point of climax" and I couldn't help but indulge my imagination.
Gear:
Washburn X200 Pro with SD's
Roland Cube 15x
Digitech RP-50
Boss DS-1
Boss CH-1
lp looks awesome.... thats all i can say, how about posting a couple of spec sheets?

OR BUY BOTH
i really like prs' and im not a huge les paul fan

but damn, that zebra wood is sooo nice, it has my vote
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
I'm going to have to ask: What is so good about this Mira? It's such a simple guitar: Fixed bridge, passive humbuckers, single volume, single tone, it's no more special to me than an Epiphone.

What's so good about PRS guitars in general anyways? There must be SOME amazing trait about these guitars to justify their extraordinarily high price.

... Yeah. I just questioned the PRS mentality.
My Gear:
Ibanez ART300 electric
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt combo amp
Yamaha FG-130 acoustic

There is no God.
zebra wood FTW i'd bet my life that it has one of the most unique tones ever man plus think of the resale value in like 20+ years when its vintage can you say Profit
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
ZEBRAWOOD.

JESUS. JUST LOOK AT THAT THING!!

Sorry, now i'm calm

Definitely the Zebrawood LP, Mira's aren't that special, IMHO
Plus the LP would sky rocket in value in years to come, plus it is really unique

BTW, You do realise are a lucky bastard, you know that?
Quote by cohen5250
I'm going to have to ask: What is so good about this Mira? It's such a simple guitar: Fixed bridge, passive humbuckers, single volume, single tone, it's no more special to me than an Epiphone.

What's so good about PRS guitars in general anyways? There must be SOME amazing trait about these guitars to justify their extraordinarily high price.

I agree with this guy, but based on the two pictures in the original post, I'd have to say the PRS.

I'm a Gibson man, through and through, but, to me at least, a LP isn't a LP unless its got the maple top with the mahogany backing it up. Something special (besides the weight relief in my wallet) happens when its built like the original.
Quote by Pr0gNut

id say this too
ive played a couple prses and theyve all been great guitars to play, but ive never seen anything like that les paul in my life. im not even a les paul person at all but that guitar looks pretty unbelievable
Les Paul, end of discussion.
Quote by bemiswins
if someone flames you on the internet for music you like, they fail.

Here's my YouTube if anyone wants to see some of my videos.
Quote by cohen5250

Well.... This statement in a sense is quite like saying- "Why would I buy a Blackheart tube amp? It has no features except like a few EQ knobs. The line 6 spider III is better, look at all the crap you can do with it!"

PRS guitars are all about quality and feel my friend.

Have you ever tried one?
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
zebra wood, i own a mahogany and zebrawood strat style guitar with 2 buckers and the sound is phenomenal

basically zebra wood tonally is very similar to maple, so the LP will still sound like an LP, big and meaty!
Tonality of zebrawood: Bright, incredibly similar to maple. Also, similar weight. That guitar is a heavy mother ****er. However, the high density of zebrawood means better vibration transferring between the wood and hardware, meaning more sustain.

I like zebrawood, it's sex machine.

PRS mentality: Play one and you'll figure it out.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
I'd certainly go for the Mira, looks sexy as hell plus it's better quality for the price.
despite the fact that everyone has a lp (or a cheap remake) i would get the zebra- it makes up for the body shape

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
I don't like Lp's. I say go for the LP.
It's fuhqing sexy. Plus if you take good care you can probably make a goddamn fortune off that sumbitch later on.
Brigardier of the Seven String E.R.G. Legion
Fiddles
Ibby RG7321 lundgren M7 bridge, blaze7 neck
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
That LP is rediculously sexy. I'd go for that and then post a million photo's and video's on here. Thanks.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
LP!!!! If sex had six strings and came in a hardcase, it would look like that!!!
Dear diary.

Today I stuffed some dolls full of dead rats I put in the blender.

I'm wondering if, maybe, there really is something wrong with me.
Quote by Chance125
Well.... This statement in a sense is quite like saying- "Why would I buy a Blackheart tube amp? It has no features except like a few EQ knobs. The line 6 spider III is better, look at all the crap you can do with it!"

PRS guitars are all about quality and feel my friend.

Have you ever tried one?

I must admit I have never actually tried a PRS. See, I live in Hawaii, and the fags over here are all about UKULELES, the preverbial "ghetto bass".

But, without having any brand name pickups or hardware, it makes it pretty much impossible to make up for extreme overpricing with "quality and feel". But like I said, i've never tried one.

I've also never tried that Blackheart amp I steal a few looks at from time to time at the music center...
My Gear:
Ibanez ART300 electric
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt combo amp
Yamaha FG-130 acoustic

There is no God.
I don't like LPs that much, but I would take that one for it's looks and rareness over the Mira.

I know that sounds really bad, heh. But I would, that zebrawood is killer. Tonal quality, anyone know?
I beleive that zebrawood is A) Incredibley rare and B) Not legally allowed to be used in the guitar industry anymore..

ZEBRAWOOD LP!!!
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
That LP is a gem. Only 400 produced(if i checked correctly), it will have SICK resale value,apart from the unique tone
Quote by cohen5250
I must admit I have never actually tried a PRS. See, I live in Hawaii, and the fags over here are all about UKULELES, the preverbial "ghetto bass".

But, without having any brand name pickups or hardware, it makes it pretty much impossible to make up for extreme overpricing with "quality and feel". But like I said, i've never tried one.

I've also never tried that Blackheart amp I steal a few looks at from time to time at the music center...

The pickups that come with high-end PRS guitars are brand name, they're PRS and sing. Basically everything on a nice PRS is top notch maybe replace the tuners if you really wanted to find something. Basically, PRS has fantastic qc, and that's one of the reasons they cost so much.

I think the Mira also has coil tap but I'm not positive.

I don't know ts, I have no idea how a zebrawood lp would sound
Page 1 of 2