I made this thread out of curiosity and boredum. For companies that make cheaper/lower-end guitars(brands like epiphone and squier), what is their most expensive guitar?

Im pretty sure that ive never seen a squier over $300.00
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by wildwildwes594
Epiphone isn't really lower-end. They make some quality guitars that go up to almost $1000.

well i know they aren't, but i figured this thread could help pass some time.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by wildwildwes594
Epiphone isn't really lower-end. They make some quality guitars that go up to almost $1000.

there's an epiphone les paul for sale on gc .com for $10000, yeah, thats right, there are four zeroes after that one
Quote by randomhero93
there's an epiphone les paul for sale on gc .com for $10000, yeah, thats right, there are four zeroes after that one

i saw that

i dont give a crap if the edge signed it, i doubt that even 6000 dollars of that goes to the charity. If i wanted to be kind and donate that money, id just buy an epiphone les paul and donate the leftover $9400.00 myself.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by Tedward
4000 dollar first acts, some look pretty nice...

first act actually has an amazing custom shop.
The most expensive (not custom and not the really small handmade companies) are Godin, PRS, and Gibson. Case closed. Their cheapest models are like...$650.

But cheap brands that make expensive models.... There are really no brands that are known for being cheap guitars that make expensive ones because their business model is cheap guitars for beginners. I know that if I saw a squire for $700, I'd avoid it because those guitars are known to be crappy. Fender would save their expensive models for the regular Strat series.
Quote by mamosa
The most expensive (not custom and not the really small handmade companies) are Godin, PRS, and Gibson. Case closed. Their cheapest models are like...$650.

But cheap brands that make expensive models.... There are really no brands that are known for being cheap guitars that make expensive ones because their business model is cheap guitars for beginners. I know that if I saw a squire for $700, I'd avoid it because those guitars are known to be crappy. Fender would save their expensive models for the regular Strat series.

squiers are not crappy. squiers you get in starter packs are.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^

But cheap brands that make expensive models.... There are really no brands that are known for being cheap guitars that make expensive ones because their business model is cheap guitars for beginners.

Go to First Act's website, http://www.firstact.com/

They have electric starter guitars for as little as $49. The one Nick Zinner of the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs uses is a custom Delia, a version of which they listed as $2,200.

Given some of the designs they've done for Rick Nielsen and Bret Hinds, I'm sure they make some pretty pricey guitars in their custom shop.

Concerned about the quality? Well, if the fact that there are many pros out there using their custom First Acts on stage isn't enough, there are several positive reviews of the higher end Lolas and Delias in the music press.

http://www.arbiter.co.uk/firstact/guitars_reviews.htm
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Dec 31, 2008,
Quote by schecter ftw
A custom shop Schecter cost about $3,000.

Schecter actually started as a custom brand, though they never got huge until recently. I agree that talk is First Act customs are nice but... they seem pricey.
Well, its that tricky bit of being able to find something in the stores that ISN'T one of their entry level models to try out and make my own judgement.

Personally, I've never seen one. While I like what I see, I'm sure that just like I do, most people would have a bit of a problem ordering something that expensive without trying it.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
If it counts, Epiphone hollowbody guitars from pre-1972 go for tens of thousands now. They usually sell for a few thousand more than the Gibson equivilent. Epi guitars made before Gibson bought them out go for even more.

So if you want expensive guitars from a 'cheap brand'... that's where you want to be looking.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
squiers are not crappy. squiers you get in starter packs are.

Yeah, pretty much. I've gotten sick of all the squier hate a long time ago, but it's not even warranted anymore with the changes made to squier over the past couple of years. There's no reason to hate on the company because your skill level isn't such that you can play a sub-thousand dollar guitar sufficiently.
ive seen some hamers that were like 2500, and a couple of g&l's that were at least a thousand. thats all i can think of right now thats not big brand
NOPE
Quote by Nakon14
ive seen some hamers that were like 2500, and a couple of g&l's that were at least a thousand. thats all i can think of right now thats not big brand

Those are still two pretty huge companies...
well, i wouldnt call them huge, yeah theyre known about, but would your average kid walking into guitar center know about them, no. theyre sprinkled about in local music shops
NOPE
Quote by Nakon14
well, i wouldnt call them huge, yeah theyre known about, but would your average kid walking into guitar center know about them, no. theyre sprinkled about in local music shops

Just because some companies don't publicize like gibson or fender doesn't make them less of a powerhouse in the guitar world. I'm not very familiar with Hamer but I certainly know who they are and I hear good things, and it's hardly disputed that G&L makes some of the best guitars in the world. So maybe non-guitarists, and beginner musicians won't know these names, but after playing for six months to a year you'd have to be trying pretty hard not to pay attention to not know who these companies are.
Quote by david_highland
Just because some companies don't publicize like gibson or fender doesn't make them less of a powerhouse in the guitar world. I'm not very familiar with Hamer but I certainly know who they are and I hear good things, and it's hardly disputed that G&L makes some of the best guitars in the world. So maybe non-guitarists, and beginner musicians won't know these names, but after playing for six months to a year you'd have to be trying pretty hard not to pay attention to not know who these companies are.

+1 no company is less of a powerhouse if they have less publicity they just have less publicity
Fender Telecaster
Squire Vintage Modified '70s bass
The thing is, expensive models by cheap brands are usually amazing for the money.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Those high-end First Acts (wow, that felt weird to say) actually look pretty cool. Bamboo guitar, anyone?
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Kurapica
The thing is, expensive models by cheap brands are usually amazing for the money.

LTD by ESP anyone? Half of the people on their payroll use LTD Deluxes on tour.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Green_Jelly
LTD by ESP anyone? Half of the people on their payroll use LTD Deluxes on tour.

LTDs are great. Seeing as I refuse to ever give Gibson close to 3000 dollars for a les paul(good guitars but not worth that much imo), if I ever wanted a les paul shaped guitar I would go for the LTD-EC1000(the one that comes with seymour duncans).
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^