i always wanted to know why??? because i like the 24.75 scale but strat body....and have never found one with both...
Squirrels>all other animals group

Quote by Prophet of Page
I don't recommend passive pickups for any kind of blues tone. Ideally, you'd want a passive pickup with a reasonably low level of output.
you could build your own...

but no, i have no idea why that is.
they probably just want to stay as close to the original as they can.
People say it sounds slightly different, why do Les Paul style guitars have 24.75 scale? It's down to preference, most guitars tend to be 25.5 now.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
Schecter C-1+ is strat body shape with a 24.75 scale length.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive
Quote by ortrigger
Schecter C-1+ is strat body shape with a 24.75 scale length.

sweet one of these days i will have one....
Squirrels>all other animals group

Quote by Prophet of Page
I don't recommend passive pickups for any kind of blues tone. Ideally, you'd want a passive pickup with a reasonably low level of output.
Strat style guitars or just Fender Strats?

And wouldn't changing the neck length produce a change in tone?
tone. it's gotta be brighter because the strings are less slack. that's why the std string gauges are different for each scale.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Fender had 25.5 and gibson went with 24.75. Just the way things were done. There are a few fenders made with 24.75 scales and shorter. Its easy enough to convert em. But it does change how they play an their tone. So if you like how they sound and play then the shorter scale isnt for you.