Alrighty. Alot of things have been said about BC Rich guitars and how crap they are'n such. Played a few of the cheaper ones with friends for fun.. that was "alright"..

Then today.. I got hold of a.. i think it was just a standard Warbeast.. ****in' hell!

That guitar for some reason just felt perfectly in my hands.. And the 10 mins i played on that thing, i played better than i've ever played on any of my own guitars.. It was so easy to move your hands around on the fretboard, so nice, and it wasnt even as heavy as it looks.. Really great.

So i just wondered.. How come that BC. Rich gets that much critique, when their little more expensive models appearently plays like a dream?

Or maybe i just have weird tastes. *shrug*
FUCK YOU ALL!

666 BLACK METAL HOLOCAUST!!!!!
yup
Quote by horny_cactus
Who's Rick Roll? Sorry for my ignorance I just joined this forum so I don't yet Know that member.
theyre heavy and people say theyre ugly(i think mockingbirds & warlocks look good)
and theyre pointy and poke some people
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
I just don't like the way a lot of them look. I prefer a simple guitar body. The craziest guitar body I would buy would be an Explorer.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
Crap low end models and shapes that just look ridiculous IMO.I think this is where the majority of the hate comes from.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Alot of the hate, and my personal problem against them, is crappy electronics in the cheaper models.

They're more expensive ones are really nice guitars (for those who like the shapes, of course)

But the cheaper models... well... most cases I've heard, after a year or two the owners tend to have to dig in and replace alot of the wiring, put a few connections back together

not to mention the cheap models tend to use cheap pickups.

Not that this is anything new, alot of companies do this.
BC is just one of the companies that does.

Aside from that, the only model I like to look at is the Mockingbird, go figure.
1. Bandwagon.
2. Hating on the looks. Which, BTW, is a completely valid reason.
3. Judging the entire lineup upon low-end models.
So the hate is just because of the look? And because the cheaper models are, well, cheap?

lol

edit: The guy above said it right, I just couldn't think of the word bandwagon (escaped my mind).
It's because the budget models suck and they're the only models most people ever try.
I get very tense around apples...Well, I get very tense generally. I think I've fallen into the trap of blaming fruit.

Jeff

Peavey Studio Pro 112 for sale. Anyone want it?
well i have a oooollld bc rich assasin that i redid and its a fun little guitar to play now.

stock it sucked.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
I'm a fan of the 10 string they make. But that's me.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Quote by _A.D.I.D.A.S._
So the hate is just because of the look? And because the cheaper models are, well, cheap?

lol

edit: The guy above said it right, I just couldn't think of the word bandwagon (escaped my mind).

Uh, yeah, not liking the way a guitar looks is a perfectly valid reason. Its not bandwagoning; its personal preference.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
While I like the way "pointy" guitars look, I can't stand the way they feel when I play them...and lets face it, most of their line is pointy.

In addition, I haven't been all that impressed by the sound I get out of them.

That said, I'm still tempted to buy their 8-string electric...
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I'm a fan of the 10 string they make. But that's me.

The Bich!
I really like that one too.
:P Well, alright then.. Personally i think it's a fair company that needs just as much glory as every other company that does the same xD

But the looks.. yea.. well.. It'd be alright if it was kinda "special" guitars.. But every kid you see got a lowbudget one, trying to be Kerry King xD

I like some of the looks though.. They have this weird V-guitar that just looks amazing.. in my opinion.. Looks uncomfy.. but.. holy heck it looks.. badass xD
FUCK YOU ALL!

666 BLACK METAL HOLOCAUST!!!!!
As said before, most of their hating comes from the fact that they look so over the top.

My #1 rule on guitar bodies: If you're playing standing up, you happen to trip, and your axe could kill you, it's too crazy.

I like the Mockingbird, I've never gotten to play one, though.
Besides the bandwagon, I have a few reasons.

1. what EMGPWNS said. Really besides the strat shapes and the Mockingbirds, this thing is really the only one I like. Simple and/or comfy is what I want in a body shape, not extravagant. That's opinion, but that's one reason for me.

2. Pickups. I respect Humbuckers and know their place in metal well, but I'm a single-coil guy in most cases, and I don't think B.C. Rich uses any single-coils whatsoever.

3. Neck shape. Most of them, the neck shape just doesn't agree with my hand.

4. They preach the gospel of the Neck-thru. I've done comparisons, Neck-thru not only is the hardest to get repaired and/or modded, but it also delivers the least sustain of the "big three" neck joints(contrary to popular belief, I found bolt-on providing the must sustain).

5. Most of their tremolos are Floyd's. I hate floyd's. I see little to no benefit in them over my synchronized tremolo, and they make restringing overly-complex. *puts up flameshield*

So yeah, a lot of people jump on bandwagons. I have actual reasons for my general dislike of them. For metal, their great guitars. I'll say that here. I'm not a metal guy though, so they not only don't suit me, but seem rather bad to my eyes and ears.

All preference though. People just bash them because they went to hell for a little bit, and haven't been forgiven. Right now their basically how Fender was for the first few years post-CBS. They'll be smiled upon again soon enough.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Dec 31, 2008,
i really like this bc rich this guy i know has, i dont remember what catagory it goes under for them, but i know it has one of the floyd speedloader systems on it and its a really comforatble guitar to play. if i had the money id totally get one, so what if its pointy
NOPE
well there lower end models arent too great, and i dislike the warlock look, i think its ugly, but i love the mocking bird.
i love the jr. vs, those are like in my top ten for favorite guitars, and there IMO the best guitars they put out.
They have the specs of an esp mh-1000(or something like that, some $1000 guitar), but they go for $700!
Quote by _A.D.I.D.A.S._

lol

its not cause the cheaper models are cheap, its cause theyre crap
im not gonna pretend for a second that the high end models dont play well but i dont see how its ever acceptable for a company to make guitars that fall apart inside after a year or two.

plus, look at them. i mean come on.
the reasons why i dont like them are they are heavy and too effin pointy.

thats it, yeah only two reasons but they are big reasons to me
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Well most of it is playabilty, and as most people have already said, the new low-end ones are trash. I have a mockingbird from 00 but it's a bronze series, so being roughly 9 years old It's actually much better then the new cheap bc rich's It plays VERY nice for a guitar I picked up for 100$ but the only change I'm going to make is I'm going to put some Blackouts in it. My sisterss bf and my sister's friend both have played it, they said it was fun to play but the sound was well....crap. So we're all in agreement for swapping out to some Blackouts (I'm not a fan of active pickups but I think Seymour Duncan did a good job!) so yes, sonically most of their guitars suck. I think the higher end ones are alright but im not a huge fan of those "rockfield" pickups they put in there....I'd prefer some dimarzios. So even though I don't mind then (one or two are quite ugly, I will admit, ex. the ironbird? Its too fat its just...ugh *shudders*)but Alas, here on UG bc rich is under-appreciated.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
80's made BC Rich rule, slash actually played one in the early days of GNR, but the new ones just arent of the same quality honestly
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
A lot has to do with the association of their lower end models. I have a Draco that is awesome, but their lower end bolt ons can be horrendous.
Quote by Flying Couch
1. Bandwagon.
2. Hating on the looks. Which, BTW, is a completely valid reason.
3. Judging the entire lineup upon low-end models.

This.

EDIT: And i'll add that because of the Warlock and similar models, people somehow get the mindset that ALL of them are ridiculously pointy and look stupid.
Personal Preference. Hey but if u think they're great and u tried and like it, go for it. Everybody has their opinions and what they like. No one can tell u your opinions are wrong.
Gear:

Agile AL-3000, Tribal Blue
Ibanez ART100, Silver
Gibson Epoch Les Paul
Cordoba C5 Classical
Peavey MX-VTX 130
Crate XT-120R
Digitech RP90

Check out my band: Come Forth
On myspace: Come Forth TX
Cheap B.C. Rich = crap
More Expensive Ones = very good if you like the shape.

Stealth = ...well, Schuldiner used it. 'Nuff said. I will get one sometime in the future.
Quote by Pac_man0123
This.

EDIT: And i'll add that because of the Warlock and similar models, people somehow get the mindset that ALL of them are ridiculously pointy and look stupid.

But sensible people know that's not the case...

i put up a post like this earlier on this month, and basicly people are going to hate on something they are brought up to hate, i myself like bc rich ive played amost every model from '04 to now and i havent found any problem with them, cheap models or higher end models. There are complaints about how heavy they are but i over compensate for that simply cause im 6'1'' i work out on a weekly basis by bench pressing and so on so they seem REALLY light to me, some are too big to others such as the beast, its a huge heavy guitar...and it happens to be my favorite, i dont like smaller guitars that weigh close to nothing. Most of the conseptions on BC Rich are severely bias due to the opinions of ones friend. All in all BC Rich is a completely misunderstood line of guitars, If you like BC Rich play the hell out of them dont let anyone change your mind.
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
Quote by Flying Couch
But sensible people know that's not the case...

I like the shape of the Eagle and Mockingbird, but all the binding on the Eagle is ridiculous. I don't get why people love having almost half an inch of abalone or MOP all over the body, neck and headstock. A little bit is fine, but that much is stupid.
And it sucks for the abalone...the tasty, tasty abalone.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
basically, the ones you break your back for (in terms of expensiveness) are the only good bc riches ive seen. The cheapest best 1 ive played is the WMD warbeast, which is around £400
Quote by hell_monkey
Lmao pantera? you'd think obama listened to some tupac or something
I do like mockingbirds if only I could afford one
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Recently got a left-handed NT Warlock, and I am pretty glad that I bought it. Price paid was $597.99 new, and it has a neck-thru, a decent floyd rose, and good neck action in my opinion. Nothing is wrong with it (yet), lol. A pickup swap is the only thing I can think of, the Warlock body is kinda chunky, but you get used to it, not much of a selection for lefties, especially at a cheap price.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW