ok, I'm taking the opportunity to compile a list of songs that my band can cover, but we're still kind of young in terms of band age and my other guitarist is pretty lacking on skill (more or less rhythm... he has terrible terrible rhythm). So, we need some fairly simple songs... not beginner-level, but a step above that. Any suggestions?
what style of music?
Quote by horny_cactus
Who's Rick Roll? Sorry for my ignorance I just joined this forum so I don't yet Know that member.
we're shooting for a classic rock/classic metal or hard rock sound. We're heavily inspired by Guns N' Roses, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, and Black Sabbath.
try welcome to the jungle or paradise city
or good times bad times by led zep.
Quote by horny_cactus
Who's Rick Roll? Sorry for my ignorance I just joined this forum so I don't yet Know that member.
black dog
bro0otal

Drummer

Guitarist___________Bassist________________Vox______________________Lead Guitarist
Pretty much any AC/DC song will do. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, Highway to Hell, and Beating Around the Bush are some of my favorites. Not many Black Sabbath songs are hard, I bet your other guitarist can do pretty much any of them. Try Into the Void, Snowblind, and Hole in the Sky. Also, Dream On by Aerosmith is always an easy classic
Knocking on heavens door. Been done so many times you almost have to cover it. And its easy, as you just play power and open chords, and then improvise a few solo-type parts and that's a song.
Equipment:
-Ibanez GIO
-Fender American Standard Strat HSS
-Acoustic Schneider Guitar
-ARIA STB-PB-DX Bass
-Vox VT50AD-XL
-Roland Cube-30 Bass
-Digitech RP-250
-Blue guitar pick
Proud Member of UG's 80's Rock Fan Club
GNR Rocket Queen.

And if you're into Aerosmith, do "Train kept a'rollin"

AC/DC: Back in Black, Whole Lotta Rosie, Let's get it up, For those about to rock, Highway to Hell.

Me personally, I wouldn't ever cover a Led Zep tune. Maybe it's because growing up I would hear LZ every 3rd song on the radio. When I would switch channels, I'd find the other rock stations playing more of it.

I personally enjoy covering songs by Cinderella - blues based, classic rock sound, but still has room for some guitar fun.

Hey, if you're feeling sassy, cover my latest. I wrote it so I could play to a classic rock bar crowd. Brian Johnson of AC/DC was busy on tour, so I had to do the vocs myself. He said he'd slide by my studio during his next 8 year hiatus between albums! ;-p

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/cheapr2keepr/music/all/play504368
we're shooting for a classic rock/classic metal or hard rock sound. We're heavily inspired by Guns N' Roses, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, and Black Sabbath.

I suggest anything from Black Ice, then.
N.I.B by Black Sabbath has really good bass in it.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc

Hi 5 man! this is what Im talkin bout!

Rig:
05' B.C. Rich Warlock
Line 6 Spide III 75 Watt Combo
Behringer Cry Babe
Digitech Death Metal
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Rodam Cables
D'aDarrio XL
Chain for a strap
Mama Kin by Aerosmith is a fun one. You can't pick it up in an hour, but, it's still good for each musician to have fun on