So i heard from a friend of mine that if your springs in your FR are parallel to each other and are not diagonal that it will affect the sustain, tone, and how easy it is do pull the pitch down or up.

is this true or is he BSing me to make me have to resetup my jackson?
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Im calling Shinanigins, i dont think it will change the tone, sustain, or easyness much or if at all... Personally i put rubber bands on my springs so they dont make any background noise.
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
i may try it anyways? is it worth the trouble?
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

a \|/ arrangment has more tension then a ||| (I have do change the layout whenever I put 11s on my guitar since I don't have any extra springs to keep the bridge level)

so if you're sticking with the same gauge, in theory it'd be stiffer (I wouldn't know as I don't have the tremolo bar on)

but apparently ||| is best for tuning stability

Quote by Ethanb08
Im calling Shinanigins, i dont think it will change the tone, sustain, or easyness much or if at all... Personally i put rubber bands on my springs so they dont make any background noise.

I stuffed a couple of paper tissues behind them
Quote by Waylanderau
*shrugs* Give it a try if you like, it's not a huge job. You can probably get it knocked over in 10-15 min. You won't hurt your guitar or anything

true, but considering i just reset it up for 10s its kinda a pain in the ass to do it again.
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

well im looking it up..

so far all ive seen is that it ads equal tension throughout the whole floyd, maybe it just makes it feel different?
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

It will affect the tension, making it harder/easier to flutter the bar. I dont think it will change the tone or sustain, at least not so much you could tell the difference.

Steve Vai has a hole lotta tissues taped into his guitar to stop the springs noise.
so will it make it harder or easier to flutter?
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

well if ||| is easier thats the way i want to go.

thanks man.
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.