Hey guys/gals,

I have been playing guitar for about 3 years now and i have had a Peavey Raptor for these 3 years, now dont get me wrong i love this guitar as i have been playin it for 3 years but i need a new one as im not get the sounds i want IE: high pitchs on the lower frets and the neck sucks:P

so cut a long story short i have around £300(about $600) to spend on a guitar i love bands like cage the elephant, white stripes, chilis, placebo and try to get the same sound as them

im useing a Marshall Valvestate Vs100 (which i love:P)

Any suggestions on a guitar would be great

Thanks

PS: i also post this in the Musician forum but was then told to post here
what style guitar, bridge, neck do you like?

what music do you play?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I have the same guitar . The only thing I'll point out is that the neck is very thin. I've never found another guitar with a neck this thin, which may or may not be a problem depending on if you like it or not.
So i think by high pitched sounds on the lower frets you mean brighter guitar... then a strat or tele might be a direction to go...
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
well if you like a thin neck, check out ibanez.

just saying, it's important to put specifics when looking for guitar suggestions.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
well my m8 has a Gibson SG and the neck is fat :P and i like it but not that wide of a neck just a tad smaller?