Page 1 of 4
I just thought I'd let you know that you guys have a nice personal shout-out in one of my University of Virginia essays. The topics was 'Write about something that you pretend not to like or vice versa' and so I wrote about UG, mainly the Pit.

Feel warm and fuzzy
Btw, anyone else applying there?

Edit: Well, you asked -

I secretly like a guitar-related website’s forums. In fact, I’m rather “famous” on the site. It is heavily populated by pubescent males, which would explain why any moderately attractive female could easily gain attention, along with why most of these females leave. The off-topic forum is filled with crude humor and is simply not a place of class, while many of the music-related sections are up to the brim with elitist fans and musicians ready to pounce on new members. One could understand why I’m not especially proud of being a well-known participant. However, there is more to the membership than meets the eye. At my fingertips are the opinions of people worldwide. Along with the typical teenage male are insightful, intelligent users from many different backgrounds and with different aspirations, all bringing their own culture and vitality to the screen. However, each individual, regardless of background, plays an important role. This site provides me with a community to study, small enough to connect with but large enough to be diverse. Any questions asked or topics discussed can reach a whole plethora of people, all teeming with serious or amusing answers, all with different intentions and relations. I have been able to understand the global population more fully just by communicating regularly in this forum. Just like the site itself, there is more to each user than meets the eye. Even the most immature, agitating member can turn out to be a witty, sympathetic prodigy; it’s just the purpose of his conversation that rules his attitude. The site has opened my eyes to a world generally shut away from the feminine grasps of society and has changed my perspective on the human social spectra. However, I do still get annoyed sometimes and thus pretend to dislike it.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Last edited by vintage x metal at Dec 31, 2008,
I wrote about the pit too once. "Internet forums - turning men into mexican jobstealing gays and lesbos?"

It was for Fox News incase you didn't guess it.

(PM me the essay? )
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
......................................__.......... ........................................
.............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,................................... .........
.......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,.....................................
..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,.................................
...............,-*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllll..................................
.............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll............................. ...
..............lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,............................
...............lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
................llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-..*`*;..)...........................
.................,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.............................
..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/..........................
................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*...................... ....
................|.../.../.../.*`..............................)....)¯`~,....... ...........
................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---........../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../......................
................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|......................
...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,.....................
......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,................

EDIT: Nice Essay. I thought this would've been a major facepalm incident.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
Last edited by \m/_Chair_\m/ at Dec 31, 2008,
Quote by Kensai
I wrote about the pit too once. "Internet forums - turning men into mexican jobstealing gays and lesbos?"

It was for Fox News incase you didn't guess it.

(PM me the essay? )

ANYTHING BUT MEXICANS OR HOMOSEXUALS! Those are all terrorists.

I'll just post it here
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Does it include stains, rape, and fap? And the forbidden fruit...

The wut pear?..?

icwatudidthar
This is my sig, isn't it

AWESOME?

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']I never understood Christianity.

A religion that is essentially based on stories about an invisible man that made the universe and a magic zombie that could walk on water and got nailed to a cross.
Quote by stepco12345
I thought you were sick?

(Well... you did include The Pit in your essay. >_>

Yar, I'm going to bed soon. Just for a nap though; I want to be up for the countdown and my parents are throwing a party here so it'll probably be too loud to sleep when everyone shows up..
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

That was very good and quite true. You meet some very interesting characters on this site aswell as the usual fools and I have learned a lot about people and the world from posting here, Ug is grand.

Oh and the guitar stuff aswell ... exsists ... and that's kinda nice.
Very nice.
I hope you get in.
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
nice
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
Quote by vintage x metal
Yar, I'm going to bed soon. Just for a nap though; I want to be up for the countdown and my parents are throwing a party here so it'll probably be too loud to sleep when everyone shows up..

Spend it with me. =D I'll be right here.

Ummm... to make this not spam; good essay. Brave for writing that. =]

Needs more me though. >__>
Im proud to be a dweller of the Pit...

Boy that sounded gay
This is my sig, isn't it

AWESOME?

A religion that is essentially based on stories about an invisible man that made the universe and a magic zombie that could walk on water and got nailed to a cross.
Quote by stepco12345
Spend it with me. =D I'll be right here.

Ummm... to make this not spam; good essay. Brave for writing that. =]

Needs more me though. >__>

I don't think you fit into the category of 'Things you pretend not to like' sweetie <3
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I can picture that as a monologue at the end of an epic film, where the protagonist finally realises the true meaning and nature of the pit, and the intricate beauty behind what at first meets the eye...

*shoots self*
Great. You should make a novel, and on the cover, a HUGE ****ING LOL WUT PEAR.

edit: That would be Epic
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
hmmm interesting, you actually made the pit sound inviting. You're pretty much guaranteed a spot in any of their english classes now
I think it would be really funny if whoever is assessing my application actually uses UG and recognizes what the essay is about, lol.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by PluckU
Great. You should make a novel, and on the cover, a HUGE ****ING LOL WUT PEAR.

edit: That would be Epic

Hail
This is my sig, isn't it

AWESOME?

Great essay, and indeed very true. I certainly would have never thought to mention this place in any of my apps.
Life is lame so let me eat your brain
Quote by vintage x metal
I think it would be really funny if whoever is assessing my application actually uses UG and recognizes what the essay is about, lol.

I'm sure it'd bring a tear to their eye
That's pretty awesome. They've never had a forum shoved in their face with such class.
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
Quote by vintage x metal
I just thought I'd let you know that you guys have a nice personal shout-out in one of my University of Virginia essays. The topics was 'Write about something that you pretend not to like or vice versa' and so I wrote about UG, mainly the Pit.

VT ftw

I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
^did tina fey go to VT? no.

i was thinking about mentioning the pit. but then i got paranoid and thought that the admissions counselors would get a hold of the pit and send me a letter of rejection asap.

Sent from my iPad.
That's great. XD

I'm pretty sure they generally look up these essays for plagiarism though. In your case, however, it will only make it more authentic when they do, in fact, find it in an off-topic section of a guitar site. XD

I'd consider editing it out in a few days though if I were you - just on the off chance that that does happen, the admissions committee could look up your post history and stuff.

I may just be acting overly paranoid though, and I don't mean to be a downer. Good luck, I hope you get in. I'm wrapping up an app essay at the moment as well; nothing like waiting until four hours before it's due. XD
I put U-G as my favorite website for my Stanford app. Lord knows I won't get in any way, but who knows?

But OP, I am not brave enough to write an entire essay on the pit, props.
Quote by vintage x metal

Feel warm and fuzzy
Btw, anyone else applying there?

Edit: Well, you asked -

I secretly like a guitar-related website’s forums. In fact, I’m rather “famous” on the site. It is heavily populated by pubescent males, which would explain why any moderately attractive female could easily gain attention, along with why most of these females leave. The off-topic forum is filled with crude humor and is simply not a place of class, while many of the music-related sections are up to the brim with elitist fans and musicians ready to pounce on new members. One could understand why I’m not especially proud of being a well-known participant. However, there is more to the membership than meets the eye. At my fingertips are the opinions of people worldwide. Along with the typical teenage male are insightful, intelligent users from many different backgrounds and with different aspirations, all bringing their own culture and vitality to the screen. However, each individual, regardless of background, plays an important role. This site provides me with a community to study, small enough to connect with but large enough to be diverse. Any questions asked or topics discussed can reach a whole plethora of people, all teeming with serious or amusing answers, all with different intentions and relations. I have been able to understand the global population more fully just by communicating regularly in this forum. Just like the site itself, there is more to each user than meets the eye. Even the most immature, agitating member can turn out to be a witty, sympathetic prodigy; it’s just the purpose of his conversation that rules his attitude. The site has opened my eyes to a world generally shut away from the feminine grasps of society and has changed my perspective on the human social spectra. However, I do still get annoyed sometimes and thus pretend to dislike it.

This is good. I hate over half of the people on this forum lol. Yet I keep coming back
and to think I simply wrote in my application essays about the usual generic stuff, oh what I missed out on!

but srsly, not bad.
if you didn't include any parts with rape, cumming blood or fap, than you'll definately get in.
Quote by smb
Freakish mammals bring the end times. It's not even 2012 yet and we're all on the path to extinction. Send cash now to God-TV!
Paragraphs?

Sorry, I'm kind of a spontaneous literary critic. The essay is still win.
kill all humans
Page 1 of 4