Yeah, there are places. You pay a fee and they teach you all you need to know - usually you come out with a guitar you built yourself and all the knowledge you need.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Yeah, there are places. You pay a fee and they teach you all you need to know - usually you come out with a guitar you built yourself and all the knowledge you need.

im looking into them thanks
i saw one in tennesee i think,

it was like $7000.

but that included your hotel, some food, and the supplies to build 3 guitars.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
The best, cheapest school is right here my friend.

Look at LP addict, 420FREAK, hell even the world famous Perry Ormsby is self taught, as far as I know. Also myself, I might add.

One UG member who bulds positively amazing intrusments went to a luthiery school, goes by the name of Zer0yon I believe, or something like it...
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by Øttər
The best, cheapest school is right here my friend.

Look at LP addict, 420FREAK, hell even the world famous Perry Ormsby is self taught, as far as I know. Also myself, I might add.

One UG member who bulds positively amazing intrusments went to a luthiery school, goes by the name of Zer0yon I believe, or something like it...

agreed
I would love to go to a luthier school but I don't think I ever will. Some of the best luthiers learned from experimenting and experience. The best way to learn for me is buy every book you can find about building setting up and repairing guitars and researching everything online. That and experience and you will learn a lot. Before I even build anything I make sure I have figured out how I'm going to do each part if it's something new.
Carousel182 went to Musicians' Institute. Anyway, provided you have the tools get some advice from Yoo-Gee and her members.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.