whats a good mic for recording guitar with high amounts of gain, i only have $50 to spend
Quote by thestonedone
You see this is why it's wrong to rape your guitar... in public.

Quote by mroctoberfest
I want to name an invention the Insta-gasm 3000. I feel very strongly about this.

Gear Setup:
Jackson Rhoads
Digitech Grunge
Fender FM 212R
cant think of any in your price range
Quote by horny_cactus
Who's Rick Roll? Sorry for my ignorance I just joined this forum so I don't yet Know that member.
yea most mics that don't break up under high volume will start at at least $100 new.
I suggest looking around ebay for a used Shure SM57. It's a great mic for general use and will work for your needs.
Quote by moody07747
yea most mics that don't break up under high volume will start at at least $100 new.
I suggest looking around ebay for a used Shure SM57. It's a great mic for general use and will work for your needs.

touché!

SM57's for the masses
You like it
Yep. Used. An SM57 is probably your best bet. They're cheaper used because there are so many of them out there. Also look for a Sennheiser e835 or similar.

If you're *really* lucky you might find a used Sennheiser e609or MD421. Even at used, though, you're probably over $100 and upwards to $200.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.