i just thought people should see this.

what would be the point??? it defeats one of the purposes of string-thru. it would be a bitch to tune and cjhange tuinings. especially without fine tuners.wtf
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
wouldnt be that bad to tune, once you understand how it works.

i can set up my floyd so its not perfectly in tune until i tighten the locking nut in, then its in tune right. its not hard.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Maybe for tuning stability? somebody doesn't like tuning up every couple of days and figured they'd make a guitar with it.
iono, but once you lock the nut in the tuning changes. everything changes. that's what buggin me.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
i guess practice it, but yeah there is no point...If i dont have a FR then i can handle my guitar going out of tune every few days, its not hard to tune...the locking tuners would prob be a bitch live though for this guitar
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
That is one hell of a pointless feature, lol.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
It wouldn't be a bad idea if it actually had fine tuners lol.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Wow, that's a stupid idea...what did they think fine tuners were for?

Someone threw a spaz attack at ESP/LTD, obviously.
How would that be a bitch to tune?? You tune it, lock the nut, and you're good to go. If you want to change tunings, unlock the nut and retune. Unlocking the nut takes all of 3 seconds, jeese.
Quote by Tubyboulin
How would that be a bitch to tune?? You tune it, lock the nut, and you're good to go. If you want to change tunings, unlock the nut and retune. Unlocking the nut takes all of 3 seconds, jeese.

The guitar goes slightly out of tune when you lock the nut.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Tubyboulin
^ Mine never has

RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude

When i lock the nut on my RG, my strings haven't gone sharp that i can remember. At least, not enough for my 20$ tuner to notice.

Besides, didn't the original Floyd Roses (not OFRs, i meen like...the first few Floyd Roses made) not have fine tuners? I remember reading something like that in an interview in Guitar World once.
Quote by Tubyboulin
When i lock the nut on my RG, my strings haven't gone sharp that i can remember. At least, not enough for my 20$ tuner to notice.

Besides, didn't the original Floyd Roses (not OFRs, i meen like...the first few Floyd Roses made) not have fine tuners? I remember reading something like that in an interview in Guitar World once.

Yeah I'm pretty sure they didn't. But why do you think they were added? O_o
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
Quote by Tubyboulin

the first few FR's also didn't have locking nuts. ever seen EVH's Frankenstein? he made his own locking nut cuz they didn't have them back then.
Quote by ortrigger
the first few FR's also didn't have locking nuts. ever seen EVH's Frankenstein? he made his own locking nut cuz they didn't have them back then.

I wouldnt have noticed who made it. a locking nut looks like a locking nut to me, unless its a Kahler