I'm torn between the two. I am looking to grab either a POD XT or X3 or a Boss ME-20 or ME-50. Does anybody have experience with either they could let me know about? I'm basically looking for something that can give me almost whatever tone I'm looking for.

Pros for me on the POD's are the recording into my PC ability w/ the USB.

Please let me know what kind of experiences you have with these, I'm anxious to see if I can try and choose one over the other.
POD
Pros: -Digital
-Versatile
-Highly compatible

Cons: -Digital
-Expensive
-****load of useless presets!

Boss ME-50

Pros: -Nice FX
-Many amp models/stompbox models(or sufficent atleast)
-Some overdrive tones are nice!

Cons: -The distortion can be sterile
-The tuner is not that good and the Wah/other FX that use the Expression pedal Deactivating is ****ign frustrating! Also activating is a pain!
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

7-String guitars are badass!
i would recommend you getting the boss gt10. since i feel my pod x3 live pedal is a bit cheesy feeling. it squeals and make annoying noises when you use it. even though i only got it about a month ago.
Thanks for the input guys.

I'm looking to get one of these multi f/x pedals used online for anywhere from $100-$200, maybe a little more. I'm pretty sure I can for either the POD XT/X3 (maybe not on the X3) or the Boss ME-20/ME-50.
I have heard the ME-20 has better distortion! Just an addition.
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

Pod XT imo
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by phenom1991
I have heard the ME-20 has better distortion! Just an addition.

Better than what? The ME-50 or the POD's?
Quote by dviv17
Better than what? The ME-50 or the POD's?

ME-50. Don't know much of this fact though.
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

Quote by phenom1991
ME-50. Don't know much of this fact though.

OK, thanks for you help.

Unfortunately, I still can't decide though. I really like the ME's because of the kind of stompbox look and feel, but I like the idea of being able to use the POD with my PC.
Think of it this way... POD is a compromise of a live/home/studio sound meanwhile the ME will serve more of your live sound. Which one do you prefer? I would just get a Line 6 POD Studio UX1 if i wanted to have something to record with since they are affordable and awesome for that. The ME-20 is not that pricey either so maybe you could try to get both somehow?

Just an idea. I don't like Multi-FX since i got a good tube amp and some peduls that serve me well.
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

Quote by phenom1991
Think of it this way... POD is a compromise of a live/home/studio sound meanwhile the ME will serve more of your live sound. Which one do you prefer? I would just get a Line 6 POD Studio UX1 if i wanted to have something to record with since they are affordable and awesome for that. The ME-20 is not that pricey either so maybe you could try to get both somehow?

Just an idea. I don't like Multi-FX since i got a good tube amp and some peduls that serve me well.

Yeah, I'm not really doing anything live right now, but could be in the future. I'm thinking I want to get either a ME-20 and a UX1 or just a POD XT.
both are great.

if you want to tweak A LOT and get great tones AFTER you tweak A LOT go with the Boss

if you want instant good tone out of the box and don't want to tweak, get the pod
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Friend of mine has the ME 50 and I have the POD XT Live. He wants a POD now. Playing the 2 side by side with the same amps and PA the POD sounds better in every situation. Better is subjective. You need to try them out with your amp.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
i own the boss me 50 and i love it. Way more effects than the me 50 and unlike the others, you can control the eq of the effects. The expression pedal isnt hard to activate at all, all you do is put some extra weight on the volume pedal and thats it. If you way more than 100 pounds., it shouldnt be a problem. I recommend the boss me 50
When it gets worn and in a live situation it is so much more pain than having for instance a weeping demon wah to step on...
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

Quote by phenom1991
When it gets worn and in a live situation it is so much more pain than having for instance a weeping demon wah to step on...

I see what you're saying. I'm not too worried about live playing right now. Mainly just getting a good sound and it would be nice to be able to record into my PC. I think I'm not going to be too hasty in this decision and save up until I can easily afford most of the options.