Poll: do you drink (in general, i.e. at all)
Poll Options
View poll results: do you drink (in general, i.e. at all)
yes
22 69%
no
10 31%
Voters: 32.
srsly, this (like the last one peeps!) is a thread about drinking in general. I looked at the drug thread, but did not see anything that looked like it involved drinking, a point which I would argue to death, that drinking and drugs are seperate things (i.e. no one would come up to me and ask me if I wanted to buy some alcohol)

so, do you drink, in general NOT ONLY on this new years night.
I do drink, though only soft-drink, water, and peach flavoured ice-tea.

I'm 14, though.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
ditto to moody.

When i drink its pretty much just to relax and enjoy the stuff. Not to get drunk and forget something.
Music Man JP6 BFR
Music Man JP6
Mesa Boogie Nomad 100 (selling soon to fund a Mark V)
drug (drg)
n.

2. A chemical substance, such as a narcotic or hallucinogen, that affects the central nervous system, causing changes in behavior and often addiction.

It is a drug =\
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Yes

because according to yahoo answers' member "Cowardly Yamster"

"It takes 3-4 days, possibly a little longer. Having food can prolong the process, since there is some water in the foods we eat. Your kidneys are forced to lose a certain amount of water every day in order to have enough to dissolve waste products like urea and eliminate them from the body. You also lose water through your lungs that evaporates.

Your waste products will start to build up since your kidneys will be conserving water, and won't be excreting things quite as nicely. This will drop the pH of your blood, making it more acidic. Your blood will also become more concentrated, and will pull water out of your tissues. This is unfortunate, since your tissues like water (like your brain). Generally people die from electrolyte abnormalities that cause seizures/coma/death, but acidosis can also cause multiorgan system failure.

Drinking your urine won't help, since it has salts and waste products in it--similar to drinking seawater, which won't help either. You may actually accelerate the electrolyte problems that way. However, you can distill your urine and drink the distilled product, which will be far less concentrated."
@ ACG

alcohol is a drug.

alcoholic substances, however, are socially not treated like drugs. don't get me started.
Quote by eliterun
@ ACG

alcohol is a drug.

alcoholic substances, however, are socially not treated like drugs. don't get me started.

why not?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
why not?

see the example in my first post.

also it's waaaaaaaaaayyy easier to get alcoholic beverages than drugs such as weed or harder drugs like coke, also it's more socially acceptable, no one gives a f2ck if you drink, but if you do drugs, you're instantly doing something wrong.

Legally there is also a dividing line between the two, with drugs being completely illegal (in the United States, France, Germany, etc) and alcoholic beverages being legal after a certain age.

Thus alcoholic beverages are themselves not illegal, but (weed and worse) are. ANY possession of drugs is, but not every possession of alcohol, only in certain cases. especially in Europe, alcohol at any age is much more acceptable.
Quote by eliterun

also it's waaaaaaaaaayyy easier to get alcoholic beverages than drugs such as weed or harder drugs like coke, also it's more socially acceptable, no one gives a f2ck if you drink, but if you do drugs, you're instantly doing something wrong.

Legally there is also a dividing line between the two, with drugs being completely illegal (in the United States, France, Germany, etc) and alcoholic beverages being legal after a certain age.

Thus alcoholic beverages are themselves not illegal, but (weed and worse) are. ANY possession of drugs is, but not every possession of alcohol, only in certain cases. especially in Europe, alcohol at any age is much more acceptable.

Your example is incredibly flawed, though.

Alcohol is a drug, just like nikotine. Period.
Quote by eliterun

But...alcohol is a drug, and there's a "drug thread" (which is not called "the socially unacceptable drug thread" ...just the "drug thread") so this belongs there
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
errr, no, socially it is treated differently, that is and will always be my argument.

and if there's this much room for argument then there should be a different thread. Period. That's like classifying christians with muslims because they believe in the same general monotheistic god. neither would be very happy with that classification.
Alcohol is a drug, but it's not a narcotic drug, since the very definition of narcotic is that it is illegal. Narcotics is a much better word in most of these threads.
Member 15 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS club. PM Revelations to join.

Founder of the I love nickelodeon club. PM me to join.
Quote by eliterun
errr, no, socially it is treated differently, that is and will always be my argument.

and if there's this much room for argument then there should be a different thread. Period. That's like classifying christians with muslims because they believe in the same general monotheistic god. neither would be very happy with that classification.

I'm not sure you know how definitions work...
Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Alcohol is a drug, but it's not a narcotic drug, since the very definition of narcotic is that it is illegal. Narcotics is a much better word in most of these threads.

well said.

and i believe there should be a seperation between the two, since as I said before, socially they are treated differently
Quote by Kensai
I'm not sure you know how definitions work...

sigh, technically of course IT IS A DRUG, but SO IS OXYGEN.

and that stuff aint outlawed. and if there was a thread on an oxygen bar, that would be totally allowed.
No. I don't drink.

because:

- it tastes like piss
- It's unhealthy
- If I don't drink, I'll save alot of money in time

I don't see any good reason to drink alcohol.
Quote by eliterun

and that stuff aint outlawed. and if there was a thread on an oxygen bar, that would be totally allowed.

Why is oxygen a drug?
Quote by eliterun

I just got dumber for having read that.

And stop making drinking threads. *reported*
You're*