Hey when you go to buy an amp or guitar at a music shop etc, is it true that if you pay in cash you canget it cheaper?

And can you bargain down prices on amps and guitar at music shops? or do they have to stick to strict pricing?
First question: Sometimes.

Second question: some shops will let you bargain down a ways but I don't think the big stores do.
1. cash shows that you'll buy it right then and there if the price is right...so you may be able to get a deal
2. some places will bargain down...it depends, i tried to bargain for a free gig bag with an Ibanez once (cheapest one they had was a store brand name for $40) and the guy wouldnt even cut a deal on the bag...so i didnt buy it from there, his loss
...show ur interested, tell them what price you have to get it down to to buy, then be prepared to walk out
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
You can't get any good bargains from GC or similar places anymore. GC was bought out by some investment firm and they don't allow haggling anymore. You usually can at local places though. It is easier to do if you say you have the cash and are ready to buy that day and that if you can't get a good deal you'll go somewhere else cause you don't have time for bull****.
it depends where and on what, but the short answer is: Cash Money make the world go 'round baby.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by nemjeff13
1. cash shows that you'll buy it right then and there if the price is right...so you may be able to get a deal
2. some places will bargain down...it depends, i tried to bargain for a free gig bag with an Ibanez once (cheapest one they had was a store brand name for $40) and the guy wouldnt even cut a deal on the bag...so i didnt buy it from there, his loss
...show ur interested, tell them what price you have to get it down to to buy, then be prepared to walk out

Good advice.

And DUDE! I FREAKING LOVE YOUR SIG! I love Brad Paisley!
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
Good advice.

And DUDE! I FREAKING LOVE YOUR SIG! I love Brad Paisley!

I was thinking the same exact thing. that's one of my favorite songs by him.
i went to a store and told him i needed tubes and only had blah amount of money. the tubes ended up coming out to be like 30 dollars more than i had, but he took it anyway. so i guess you can get it cheaper if you have cash lol.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I got my C1 for about another $200 off just because I said I was looking for a guitar around a certain price range and I had been looking at a Schecter C1 and that was when it was almost already half price!. I love Billy Hyde! But no I didn't use cash just credit card.
GEAR.

Schecter C1 FR Alpine White
Epi SG 310 (Heavily Modded)
Pod X3 Live
Orange AD30TC

YEAH!
...it used to be better to buy and haggle with cash as you always new you had at least the credit card vendors 2% that they levy onto the seller to strip out regardless.

BUT in today's mixed up world, many businesses are actually charged by their Banks to deposit cash!! So who is paying for all these added in costs??? Yes you and me...

So I just haggle like **** regardless of how I'm paying - even if they offer 0% over term because it's very competitive environment - what with the net nowdays and there's only so many guitars/amps people will buy from within an area!!

BUT always be ready to buy on the spot for best deal...
depends in both cases. doesn't hurt to ask.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?