Alright, well I got a little Fender for Christmas, along with a bass, and a Fender Starcaster (solid body) guitar. Anyways, I'm wonder if I can play my bass on that Fender amp, without damaging it, here's the specs on the amp:

120V, 60Hz, 22W.

Can I play my bass on it without damaging it?

Please, and thank you.
This has been asked three times in two days I think. Anyway, here goes again.

It's not recommended. You will permanently damage it after a while if you're in bad luck.
Put some money towards a practice amp, I suggest the Acoustic B50. I cannot give you any comments on it, but it's praised by almost everybody on here.
Maruszczyk Jake X Redburst
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl
Ashdown MAG300H + Ashdown 1x15 (Eminence Delta 15)

Believing Carlos!
do it now!..
theres nothing like the sound of a damaged cone flapping with every note!
searchbar dude.....

but you can play on it, you just run the risk of blowing the speaker. its best to buy a cheap practice amp for bass so you dont blow the amp.

if you decide to just play through the guitar amp, play at low volumes
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
I have used the Peavy 15B, and it holds up fine as bedroom amp, i suggest that you get that one, as it can be found for 100, or less if you look hard.
Quote by Lilldjuret
This has been asked three times in two days I think. Anyway, here goes again.

It's not recommended. You will permanently damage it after a while if you're in bad luck.
Put some money towards a practice amp, I suggest the Acoustic B50. I cannot give you any comments on it, but it's praised by almost everybody on here.

It's my only amp, and I know its not a good thing when the amp makes a huming noise, so I usually only play it at 1-3 at the volume. But would it hurt it if I used a volume boost with a pedal? I haven't tried this yet, but I want to ask this so I don't screw up my only amp.
Quote by Dark_nesss
It's my only amp, and I know its not a good thing when the amp makes a huming noise, so I usually only play it at 1-3 at the volume. But would it hurt it if I used a volume boost with a pedal? I haven't tried this yet, but I want to ask this so I don't screw up my only amp.

It would probably hurt it yes, seeing as the speaker size and construction is the major problem.
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl

Believing Carlos!
Quote by Lilldjuret
It would probably hurt it yes, seeing as the speaker size and construction is the major problem.

So, I should just only keep the volume on the amp 1-3 then? Or do you have a recommended volume range until I can get a cheap practice amp?
Quote by Dark_nesss
So, I should just only keep the volume on the amp 1-3 then? Or do you have a recommended volume range until I can get a cheap practice amp?

Well, to be on the safe, I'd probably stay off the guitar amp at all. I know what this isn't what you wanted to hear though.
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl

Believing Carlos!
Quote by Lilldjuret
Well, to be on the safe, I'd probably stay off the guitar amp at all. I know what this isn't what you wanted to hear though.

Nope, but I need something to play on, I mean, I can play on my bass without an amp, and hear it just fine, but it isn't the same.
Quote by Dark_nesss
Nope, but I need something to play on, I mean, I can play on my bass without an amp, and hear it just fine, but it isn't the same.

Indeed it isn't
I don't know your age, and I'm not implying you are imature or anything, but I just hope your parents can buy you a proper bass amp for you.
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl

Believing Carlos!
Quote by Lilldjuret
Indeed it isn't
I don't know your age, and I'm not implying you are imature or anything, but I just hope your parents can buy you a proper bass amp for you.

I'm 15, but my parents don't have much money, so I would probably be waiting until next year when I can get a job, or I'll be waiting forever.
Quote by Dark_nesss
I'm 15, but my parents don't have much money, so I would probably be waiting until next year when I can get a job, or I'll be waiting forever.

Sounds like you're in for some trouble. :/ If you can't afford your new amp, you don't want to go damaging your only guitar amp either... Well, look used and see if there's anything you can go for. Even the cheapest used amp will be better than frying that Fender of yours.
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl

Believing Carlos!
Quote by Lilldjuret
Sounds like you're in for some trouble. :/ If you can't afford your new amp, you don't want to go damaging your only guitar amp either... Well, look used and see if there's anything you can go for. Even the cheapest used amp will be better than frying that Fender of yours.

If I play it at a low volume, it will take longer to fry, right? I'm in a band, but I might have to quit it because of this. Damn, this sucks.
Quote by Dark_nesss
If I play it at a low volume, it will take longer to fry, right? I'm in a band, but I might have to quit it because of this. Damn, this sucks.

Do they have a PA where you rehearse? If they do, you can line it and it will sound alrite. That way, it wont affect you while playing with the band. Ask around if you can borrow an amp from them if they have one too.
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl

Believing Carlos!
Quote by Lilldjuret
Do they have a PA where you rehearse? If they do, you can line it and it will sound alrite. That way, it wont affect you while playing with the band. Ask around if you can borrow an amp from them if they have one too.

Alright, thanks for your help. Have a happy New Years.
Quote by Dark_nesss
Alright, thanks for your help. Have a happy New Years.

No probs. Tell me how it all worked out later, ok? And happy New Years to you too, even though we're three hours past the start of 2009 here in Sweden
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl

Believing Carlos!
Quote by Lilldjuret
No probs. Tell me how it all worked out later, ok? And happy New Years to you too, even though we're three hours past the start of 2009 here in Sweden

Ah, we still have about 6 more hours here in the US where I live.
There should be a sticky titled "DO NOT USE YOUR BASS ON YOUR GUITAR AMP"
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by TooFast
There should be a sticky titled "DO NOT USE YOUR BASS ON YOUR GUITAR AMP"

Indeed. And a sticky for strings aswell, if it isn't already featured in the almighty thread.
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl

Believing Carlos!