Hey, my parents offered to get me a new AMP for the New year, to go along with the hellraiser I got for christmas.

Can anyone recommend a good amp for about $300 that will complement the Hellraisers EMG's??
add $50 to your budget and get a B-52 AT112 i think its still on sale for $350
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
add $50 to your budget and get a B-52 AT112 i think its still on sale for $350

As is the Crate Palomino. Not sure if that will have enough gain for you without an overdrive, though.
What amp do you have now? And what styles do you play? Also, are you willing at add any money on to give yourself a bigger budget? Need it for band practises, live gigs, etc?
Seriously.

The EMGs will ONLY sound good in your price range on the B-52 AT112. Its at an amazing price right now, $360. Say you'll like clean up the house and mow the lawn if they buy you that amp or something.
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
People actually get paid $50 to clean the house and mow the lawn? I know people get pocket money and all that, but an extra $50 just to do something like that? Damn, if my parents were like that I'd have made a lot of $$$.
Quote by AdamDK
What amp do you have now? And what styles do you play? Also, are you willing at add any money on to give yourself a bigger budget? Need it for band practises, live gigs, etc?

Hah, as of now I only have a Marshall MG10CD, which was my first amp. I haven't upgraded in three years xD.

As for playing style, I play metal. Stuff like Unearth, Amon Amarth, Kalmah, Megadeth ect.

I don't plan on playing any gigs, and I'm not in a band. However, sometimes friends would come over and jam a bit.

Money isn't much of an issue, but since my parents already got me the hellraiser I don't feel like breaking the bank even more with an overpriced amp. But I can add some of my own money and go up to $400.

Quote by DaddyBarbs
Seriously.

The EMGs will ONLY sound good in your price range on the B-52 AT112. Its at an amazing price right now, $360. Say you'll like clean up the house and mow the lawn if they buy you that amp or something.

Yeah, I think it sound a lot better through a tube as well. And the B-52 is pretty cheap for a 60W Tube.
Quote by Stoner4589
Hah, as of now I only have a Marshall MG10CD, which was my first amp. I haven't upgraded in three years xD.

As for playing style, I play metal. Stuff like Unearth, Amon Amarth, Kalmah, Megadeth ect.

I don't plan on playing any gigs, and I'm not in a band. However, sometimes friends would come over and jam a bit.

Money isn't much of an issue, but since my parents already got me the hellraiser I don't feel like breaking the bank even more with an overpriced amp. But I can add some of my own money and go up to $400.

Yeah, I think it sound a lot better through a tube as well. And the B-52 is pretty cheap for a 60W Tube.

with your playing styles the B-52 will be good for you it has a very nice OD channel and with your EMgs you could be in metal territory just be sure to do the 18v mod on the emgs
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
with your playing styles the B-52 will be good for you it has a very nice OD channel and with your EMgs you could be in metal territory just be sure to do the 18v mod on the emgs

I'm pretty sure the B-52 will get there regardless of the EMGs. They are, after all, the poor man's Mesa (or so they say).
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
I'm pretty sure the B-52 will get there regardless of the EMGs. They are, after all, the poor man's Mesa (or so they say).

Does the B-52 have good gain?
An OD as a clean boost (volume or output or what ever it says on 10, Gain/drive on 0) would really tighten up your sound and helps for a better chugga chugga. Look into buying a digitech bad monkey, it's DEFINiTELY worth the $50 price tag.
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Quote by DaddyBarbs
An OD as a clean boost (volume or output or what ever it says on 10, Gain/drive on 0) would really tighten up your sound and helps for a better chugga chugga. Look into buying a digitech bad monkey, it's DEFINiTELY worth the $50 price tag.

I'll start looking into pedals after I get the amp and save up a little for em.

And about that 18v mod; is it the same procedure for 707's?