So I went to my local guitar store today to get some Roto 66s but they don't carry rotos =\. I was talking to the bass teacher there and he said the his fav pair of strings are blue steels cuz they last a long time, they don't mess up your fingers ans fretboard, and they sound is clear. I got home and put them on my bass and they sound a bit lose, but the tuner says it's in tune.

My thoughts were
1. they will take a little to get snug on the bass
2. the guy lied to me(which i don't think so)
3. my neck is warped(which it could very well be)

Anyone else have experience with these strings?
Well, I actually like those strings alot, and have used them for about two years.
If you switched gauges you need to get the bass setup again. The truss rod adjusts the bow in the neck (not warp mind you ), but I recommend you get it setup at the store. If you are new there and the shop is local enough, they'll probably do it for cheap and show you how if you ask nicely.
If you plan on doing it yourself, there is a FAQ in the stickies.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=737491
Maruszczyk Jake X Redburst
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl
Ashdown MAG300H + Ashdown 1x15 (Eminence Delta 15)

Believing Carlos!
Blue Steels are the next strings I plan to buy.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by TooFast
Blue Steels are the next strings I plan to buy.

They are a tad expensive, but they last a long time, although they aren't as brittle in tone as other strings when they are brand new.
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl

Believing Carlos!
Quote by Lilldjuret
They are a tad expensive, but they last a long time, although they aren't as brittle in tone as other strings when they are brand new.

Well they're the same price as the D'Addario's I usually get, so it's not too bad. I would get Roto's if I could afford it.
Quote by Ez0ph
I remember that

Quote by Firenze

I haven't changed gauges though so could the climate effect the truss rod? Yeah i do like the feel of the strings though, it's just that they keep rattling a little
Quote by jazzbasskid
I haven't changed gauges though so could the climate effect the truss rod? Yeah i do like the feel of the strings though, it's just that they keep rattling a little

Yeah, climate can cause your bass to bend a little, but you shouldn't worry too much about it. Still, I'd get it to a store to get it setup if you aren't happy with the way it plays. Tell them whats wrong and they'll sort it out for you.
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl

Believing Carlos!
A good setup is heavenly. Back when I played a used Schecter, it was terrible, but I got it setup and it was so much better.
Quote by Ez0ph
I remember that

Quote by Firenze

All I can tell you is that the Blue Steel guitar strings were the worst ones I ever used.
Squier VM Fretless Jazz
Warwick Rockbass Streamer 5
Ashdown MAG 300 210
blue steel is all I use on both my bass and guitars and will never use anything else nless they are given to me by someone
Ok nevermind after letting my bass sit on its stand all night the strings sound fine now. Might i have to go back and get another set soon
A little off topic, but does anyone know where I can buy Blue Steels in the UK?
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
I bought a pair about a month ago. They still sound nice and i play roughly 4 hours a day. I suggest buying them.
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
Quote by SoftParade1967
I bought a pair about a month ago. They still sound nice and i play roughly 4 hours a day. I suggest buying them.

That's why I'm going to get them. I prefer my strings to sound and feel brand new all the time.
Quote by Ez0ph
I remember that

Quote by Firenze

I've used blue steels for over four years now. Only blue steels. I tried D'addarios, I hated them. Sound like crap to me, where the blue steels last a year, they come in a jazz specific gauge, and they feel amazing.

Though, I just put on my new Rotosound swing 66's... I'm liking them a lot so far. Decided it was time to try something that gets praised as heavenly after the crappy D'addarios.
DB Player
Quote by abornael
I've used blue steels for over four years now. Only blue steels. I tried D'addarios, I hated them. Sound like crap to me, where the blue steels last a year, they come in a jazz specific gauge, and they feel amazing.

Though, I just put on my new Rotosound swing 66's... I'm liking them a lot so far. Decided it was time to try something that gets praised as heavenly after the crappy D'addarios.

I'm currently using D'Addario's and I don't hate them, so hopefully the Blue Steels and(if I ever get enough spare money to buy them) Swing 66's are a lot better.
Quote by Ez0ph
I remember that

Quote by Firenze

So I went to the guitar store and the same guy who set me up with the strings also set my bass up. He didn't really touch the truss rod(which is what I thought needed it the most) but he said my saddles and bridge were to low so he raised those. Now I'm loving the steels, they are so clear! The only thing i would change them out for is some Roto 66's just to see how well they do.

fleajr_1412- Sorry but I have no idea about any guitar stores in the UK.
Quote by jazzbasskid
So I went to the guitar store and the same guy who set me up with the strings also set my bass up. He didn't really touch the truss rod(which is what I thought needed it the most) but he said my saddles and bridge were to low so he raised those. Now I'm loving the steels, they are so clear! The only thing i would change them out for is some Roto 66's just to see how well they do.

fleajr_1412- Sorry but I have no idea about any guitar stores in the UK.

do so. Blue Steels are alright, but Roto, DR, and probably Stadium Elites take their lunch money to buy candy. on a daily basis.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
do so. Blue Steels are alright, but Roto, DR, and probably Stadium Elites take their lunch money to buy candy. on a daily basis.

My last set was DR black beauties which sounded really good brand new but when they died(maybe 3 weeks of 2hr play everyday) they just sounded awful. I've never heard a pair of strings that bad. Also the paint was came off real easy which I wasn't to pleased about
hmm. well, I played on Hi Beams, much nicer no doubt.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

blue steels are ok, but i think elixers polyweb strings are the best, they last forever and never lose tone. had mine on my guitar for about 4 months an d i play like 4 hours a day.
35 is the normal price for hi beams, I bought mine on sale for 20, might as well.

40 for the elixer nanoweb, never seen a polyweb.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by jazzbasskid
^ How much did they cost you?

I currently use Elixirs with the nanoweb coating, and they cost an average of about $11 (USD) per string, depending on how many strings your bass has. They sell them in a 4 string pack, but you can buy a low B or a high C with it. It's nice if you string your bass EADGC, ADGC, BEAD, whatever.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
hm I might look into some Elixirs too, but sadly i need to buy some bari sax reeds first which a good set is the same amount as bass strings.
Quote by jazzbasskid
My last set was DR black beauties which sounded really good brand new but when they died(maybe 3 weeks of 2hr play everyday) they just sounded awful. I've never heard a pair of strings that bad. Also the paint was came off real easy which I wasn't to pleased about

That's why I don't buy color coated strings. They felt like ****, too.
Quote by Ez0ph
I remember that

Quote by Firenze

Agreed. The guy at guitar center(sadly) who sold me them said they had a special coating to make the strings 'last longer' but I don't think it worked.