OK guys, here's the dealio. My 1988 B.C Rich Rave II is in need of some TLC, and this will be my first paint/body work ever done. Now before you go blabbing on about it being a crap B.C. Rich or it being made of plywood, let me tell you that it has sentimental value. The previous owner was a good friend of the family and gave it to me a year before he died. The last thing he would want is for me to sell it or junk it. Anyway, in his possession, it got dinged up pretty badly because his son used it a few times and didn't take much care. PICS!:

I'm looking to fix the ends of the bottom horns, one of the top horns, and some dents and scratches. In my knowledge, I think I'd have to sand down the finish, apply wood putty, and re paint/finish the areas? Any tips or advice? And also, I'm not sure what color the guitar is, and I'd have to find the same color/finish to match the rest of the guitar, because I'm not a good enough painter to do the complete guitar, and I don't want to screw up this guitar because of the emotional attachment...

Sorry for the picture size, I don't know how to re-size them.
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
If Dimebag can't take a few bullets to the head how's he gonna be able to take a full on Kamehameha?
you know what sucks? is how big your pictures are. but on the positive side, rage 158's own! loud as **** 15w amps.
EQUIPMENT:
Guitars:
2003 Fender MIM Strat
2008 Ibanez AEG20E A/E Cutaway
2011 Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro
Amps:
Epiphone Valve Jr. Halfstack BitMo Trio Modded
60W All Tube Egnater Renegade Head and Cab.
Yeah, again, REALLY sorry about the size, I have no idea how they got that big, originals are 400x600ish
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
If Dimebag can't take a few bullets to the head how's he gonna be able to take a full on Kamehameha?
Quote by evortre
you know what sucks? is how big your pictures are. but on the positive side, rage 158's own! loud as **** 15w amps.

I KNOW! for a 15w SS amp, they sound like a 30watt valve amp.
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
*sigh* .... bump?
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
^That's what I would do. Leave it in the condition it was in when it was given to you.

By the way, to resize, go to tinypic.com to upload the pics and resize.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
i would just leave it the way it is concitering how old it is and how big the chips are i would conciter myself lucky ive seen newer ones with alot bigger chips and it looks like some kinda pearl white ? (dont quote me on that) but chances are the paint is aged so it wont look right unless you repaint the entire guitar
I would consider repainting it the orignal colour with spraypaint. That way, it will look brand new, and be indistinguishable frm something that just rolled out of the factory.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.