Hey. I have a couple of questions, one unrelated to the others.

First of all, I need to relube my wah pedal's gear (the one that allows the pedal to move up and down), so can anyone suggest a solid lube to replace the factory coating?

Second of all, I want to get into modding my pedals and the like, so I'm going to need a soldering iron and some solder. What do you guys recommend? Is Weller a reliable company? How many watts? Lead or no lead?

Third of all, I obviously need to learn some electronics for this, so do any of you have an online resource or good book I could check out from my local library? I'm very intrigued by electronics in general so I'm willing to give it some intensive reading.

Thanks for any help!
1) Petroleum jelly works.
2) Weller is a very good company. 25 or 30 watts. I use 60/40 rosin core. I can't get that silver/non lead crap to stick to anything.
3)I'm self-taught in all that. Try searching for the UG Electronics thread in here.
Thanks for the help.

Unfortunately I've been unable to locate the electronics thread (I did, in fact, use the search feature : P; "electronics" did not return the thread.)

I'm trying to find a suitable place to learn (google does return quite a few results but it's difficult to judge whether or not a site is apt without any knowledge on the subject itself), so I'm still looking for suggestions.

The fact that you are self-taught (and now seemingly quite proficient) is reassuring in my quest. : )
By electronics do you mean the functions of each part, like Resistor, Capacitor, Cathode, etc.? Or do you just mean how to build circuitboards?
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Thanks for trying Jim. : )

V.U.K, I mean both. I want to learn all that I can, including how everything affects sound, so that eventually I can do this stuff proficiently.
Quote by Romanne
Thanks for trying Jim. : )

V.U.K, I mean both. I want to learn all that I can, including how everything affects sound, so that eventually I can do this stuff proficiently.

http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/compon.htm

Try that. I saw a great guide, like a month ago but I can't locate the site, sorry bro.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Yeah, I'll have to piece the information together. Maybe I'll come across whatever you did at some point. Did you find it here on UG, or somewhere else?

Thanks, by the way. : D
So I'm gonna check out a couple of books at the library tomorrow, does anyone have a suggestion for a decent electronics book?