What are some of the best pedals and amps for Psychedelic Rock like Jefferson Airplane, The Doors, 13th Floor Elevators, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Baby Grandmothers, Quicksilver Messenger Service, etc.?

Thanks in advance.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SAD MAFIOSO σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Originally Posted by jgbsmith
Guys, guys - put your penises away, we have a lady in the house!
Last edited by TheWall27 at Dec 31, 2008,
a marshall 1987x plexi amp head with a Marshall MC412 4X12 200W Guitar Speaker Cabinet
A Gibson or epiphone Guitar (any gibson or (not epiphone) would do)
Main Rig:

1. Customized "Silver Bullet" Gibson SG
2. Marshall MG Halfstack
3. SXB Pedalboard
4. MXR EQ Pedal
5. Boss V-Wah Pedal

Music Is You.
Music Is Me.
Music Is All Around Us.
Music Allows Us To Be Free.
Wooh I know

A Marshall JTM 45 ab/yd with a Fender Twin reverb. Throw an Electro-Harmonix Big muff or Fuzz Face infront of it (there are many different fuzzes to replicate the original tones around, I recommend the BYOC Large Beaver and the Skreddy Lunar Module), a Fulltone Deja-Vibe or Sweet Sound Mojovibe, and an old Vox crybaby of some sort, I recommend RMC Teese's Picture wah.

Do you have a budget?
Quote by Highwaytohell
Wooh I know

A Marshall JTM 45 ab/yd with a Fender Twin reverb. Throw an Electro-Harmonix Big muff or Fuzz Face infront of it (there are many different fuzzes to replicate the original tones around, I recommend the BYOC Large Beaver and the Skreddy Lunar Module), a Fulltone Deja-Vibe or Sweet Sound Mojovibe, and an old Vox crybaby of some sort, I recommend RMC Teese's Picture wah.

Do you have a budget?

About $600 for an amp, and around $350 for effects.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

effects include:

uterine contractions, hypothermia, fever, elevated levels of blood sugar, goose bumps, decrease in heart rate, jaw clenching, perspiration, pupil-dilation, saliva production, mucus production, sleeplessness, paresthesia, euphoria, hyperreflexia, tremors and synesthesia, numbness, weakness, trembling, nausea, and, of course, hallucinations.
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Quote by TheWall27

Get either a Peavey Classic 30 or a Vox AC-15 for an amplifier and...
an MXR carbon copy, a Vox V847 wah, and a Fulltone mini-Dejavibe- that should bring you to around 350-400 dollars for FX but if you look used on the amp and one of the Fx you should be in range
Quote by Highwaytohell
Get either a Peavey Classic 30 or a Vox AC-15 for an amplifier and...
an MXR carbon copy, a Vox V847 wah, and a Fulltone mini-Dejavibe- that should bring you to around 350-400 dollars for FX but if you look used on the amp and one of the Fx you should be in range

Thanks.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by Highwaytohell
Wooh I know

Do you have a budget?

^^^ This is the correct answer.

Perhaps adding a tape echo (Fulltone TTE), and maybe a MXR phase 90 (or similar)
Quote by TheWall27

I'm with Highwaytohell on the amp choice, the Peavey Classics are an amazing bang for the buck. For those more British tones and some nice overdrive this will do very well. You could also look into the Fender Blues Junior or Pro Junior, if volume is not an issue.

Effects wise, a fuzz (there are a tone of these but you can get some very nice ones within $150), a wah (Vox wah around $100) and an MXR Carbon copy (around $150) for delay.

Edit: Almost forgot some sort of vibe pedal would be good. Maybe the Voodoo Labs Micro Vibe.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Jan 1, 2009,
Quote by TheWall27

Peavey Classic 30, Fender Blues Jr. or a Vox AC15 for the amp.

Dunlop GCB-95 or Vox V-847A, Dunlop Fuzzface or EHX Big Muff(US or Russian is your call), Ibanez TS9 and, if you can pull out $380 rather than $350, an MXR Phase 90 for effects.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7