so i've been practicing on a little 15w combo alone, but while jamming i borrow my friends 35w combo. pretty much i am completely hidden under 2 guitarists and a drummer. i've been looking for a half stack, and came across the Behringer BX4500H and BA410 cab. does anyone know anything about this model, or even Behringer in general? i'm looking to play hardcore/punk with it. thanks for any help!
In not a Bass player but, at Guitar center I saw a bass player on a 200 watt acoustic half stack. He was going so and it sounded so good. When he started his P-n-S run It shook the guitars on the walls and he had to turn it down.
http://www.music123.com/Acoustic-B200-200W-1x15-Bass-Combo-482902-i1399999.Music123 <--- that's the combo version
As a good rule of thumb, you want to stay away from everything Behringer. Check out the Ultimate Bass Forum FAQ for more details on that.

I've heard good things about that Acoustic B200, but another brand to check out is Ashdown. They have a bunch of moderately priced stuff, and from what I understand it's all pretty nice.
awesome thanks for the heads up on that. this acoustic stuff is looking nice, any other suggestions?
Carvin. They make a pretty good, and cheap, half stack. I was planning on getting one but got a Peavey instead.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Done go for behringer. Look into Hartke you can get their stuff really cheap. Its good and versatile. There new Lh heads are the bomb and will probably come in around the same price as an acoustic head.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
awesome, i'm checking out a few hartke cabs and i have the option of going with aluminum cones or paper cones. which would be better for an aggressive sound? i'm probably looking to use overdrive eventually too.
aluminium cones are a bit brighter than paper cones i think.

Are you going to go used?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
i think i'm leaning towards new. the local stores here have minimal used equip. and the deals aren't too good. i'm looking through musicians friend and samedaymusic.com
Quote by startXtoday
i think i'm leaning towards new. the local stores here have minimal used equip. and the deals aren't too good. i'm looking through musicians friend and samedaymusic.com

yeah i wouldnt expect to find any deals through those big name stores

You can get a lot better gear if you go used, ebay and craigslist is where the deals are at
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Also check out talkbass, Are you in america, because craigslist over there always is pulling up things.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
yeah, i've been looking through craigslist for some time and nothing good has really came up. i think i'd feel more comfortable buying something with a warranty too, but if theres anything specific i should check out on ebay that would be cool.
Whats your price range.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
ashdown and hartke are good, never played an acoustic but all i hear is good about them.

No behringer!
i'm looking to keep it under 650 but theres a little leeway there. yeah i'm definitely going to keep away from behringer too, thanks!
650 usd or gbp or eur or ausd?
Quote by guitarhero_764

Ashdown mag and a matching 115 maybe. Hartke ha3500 and a vx or xl cab.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Check out carvin. Good prices and amazing sound and build quality.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu