I ask this because I saw a Fender Super 210 on sale within my price range today, which looks interesting but from what I read on HC is bloody heavy, and I'm not the biggest guy out there, so I was thinking about putting wheels on it.
Alternatively, I could just chuck it on top of a skateboard and wheel it around on that, unless that's a bad idea too (is it?)
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
I don't see how that would harm a combo amp...
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
I'm not sure about if it will affect it or not, but how often will you be moving it about and how far?
You didn't try lifting it?
It's only a 210, unless it has EV speakers or something, I couldn't imagine it being exceedingly heavy. If I were to put casters (wheels, whatever) on a combo, i'd put them in on the side. You wouldn't want your amp rolling around during a gig, would you?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
It's only a 210, unless it has EV speakers or something, I couldn't imagine it being exceedingly heavy. If I were to put casters (wheels, whatever) on a combo, i'd put them in on the side. You wouldn't want your amp rolling around during a gig, would you?

Lol, that just gave me hilarious images of Marshall MG's wheeling around while Zakk Wylde plays some hard hitting powerchords to unleash the CRUSHING OVERDRIVE!
^lol, that would be awesome.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7

That's why I thought of moving it on a skateboard, I'd just take it off when I start playing.

It is ridiculously heavy. Even the guy in the shop, who was 6"2' or 6"3' easy and built like a rugby player said he found it heavy. I could barely move it, though admittedly it was with one hand since I've got a broken wrist right now. I can't imagine it being too much easier with two though.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Well as long as you don't accidentally drill holes in the reverb tank when you're putting the casters on, it's not a huge deal.

But it does take away some of the amps bottom end if it's not sitting directly on the ground. Also, it's not all that great to be rolling it over rough surfaces, the vibration can in odd cases bump tubes loose or even shorten their lifespan.

Personally I'd buy a dolly and use that to move the amp around.
Quote by AdamDK
Lol, that just gave me hilarious images of Marshall MG's wheeling around while Zakk Wylde plays some hard hitting powerchords to unleash the CRUSHING OVERDRIVE!

While shredding with the button that makes it sound like an expensive tube amp, no less. And using the CRUSHING OVERDRIVE!!

You know, I've never gotten where that joke comes from.
Quote by Cathbard
Seriously?
Well, I guess the skateboard idea would work, but I would just invest in a dolly cart or something.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I have to pay my parents' back for my car also, so I'll probably just run with the skateboard until I can afford a dolly cart.
Quote by Cathbard
k. Just be careful.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
its a good idea if you get ones you can lock so that they dont move. also, you can get a generator with wheels, and sit on your amp with the guitar and ride down a hill
what type of music do you play? j/w

and you can buy the casters, put them on a flat blank of ply, carpet cover, and bungie the amp to it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by AdamDK

Zakk Wylde: "CRUSHING OVERDRIVE!"

Amp: *rolls around*

Zakk Wylde: "AWESOME PANNING!"

and I don't know of anything that could hurt it, but if you go with the skateboard idea and it falls... don't blame me.