Why do people choose to play bass over lead guitar? I don't get it, in my opinion it's because they suck at "real" guitar so they switch to bass thinking that they'll get more experience but playing bass turns out to be easy and addictive and they never come back to real guitar.
Bass is for pussys. Real men play guitar. 6 beats 4.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
because the bass is an integral part of any genre's sound , except for maybe punk
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
not true imo cuz i originally wanted to play bass as a kid but i had a friend who played guitar and said to play guitar first cuz then bass would be easier and it is so i really mainly play guitar cuz i wanted to play bass but now i play both anyway and i'm good

EDIT:

i'm also a rythmn guitarist but still
Quote by Zugunruhe
"sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will violate me sexually."
People play bass because they think it is more fun than playing guitar.

Its almost the same for guitar. 25% of the people in the world who play guitar did it because they think that bass if for pussies and guitars are for real men.

Listen to Fat Mike play the intro to Idiots Are Taking Over. You won't think bass is easy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOPJ90FRZHI
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Last edited by tmfiore at Dec 31, 2008,
Quote by free_thinker999
Why do people choose to play bass over lead guitar? I don't get it, in my opinion it's because they suck at "real" guitar so they switch to bass thinking that they'll get more experience but playing bass turns out to be easy and addictive and they never come back to real guitar.

they say that it's more cool playing bass than lead...
hey!
bass can be as hard as lead you know
Acts 16:31
I play guitar at home, but play bass with my band because my guitarist is far better than I am. It develops spread and finger strength, but I agree, bass is for frustrated, bad guitarists. Although sometimes you do get a good one, like flea, and change your mind...then you get the guy from Iron maiden, and change it back...XD
If you think bass players suck, then you obviously have never heard Cliff Burton, Justin Chancellor (or Paul D'Amour for that matter), Geezer Butler, Geddy Lee, John Myung, or Steve Harris.
bass is easier to get into a groove not so much wankery the list goes on and on guitar solos can be boring and show offy at times bass helps keep the song going many reasons but i play both so.....w/e
Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE.

starter of the nadsat group
You're an idiot. They're completely different instruments that play in different ways. Next time you think you have a thought or opinion, just do us all a favor and let it go.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
since when is bass always easy?
tis not true!
ಥ_ಥ

Don't forget to remember, the Devil's got pills in his eyes.

Future Trunks of the Dragonball Alliance. PM Msu_Man04 to join.
That's funny because I can shred better than any guitarist I know fucktard.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
I started playing bass because my friends wanted to sart a band and they needed a bassist. The band never actually came together but I still play bass and I've since learned guitar. I love bass more though.
Quote by Td_Nights
I went as Darth Vadar to a school dance before.

Sure I got kicked out, but the DJ played the Imperial March and I just felt badass.
They both rock.

But I do have a friend that plays bass because he couldn't do guitar. He has fat fingers.
Quote by Tire Me.
*reported* Troll....

Also, I play both.

And they are equally important.

/thread.

excuse me? where do you see me trolling? I just express my opinion you don't have to share it you know but reporting people for that simply shows the weakness of your personality.

I'll tell you the same thing I always say in these things. I started bass because I wasn't going in any direction with the guitar. I then discovered that the bass is a more versatile instrument than the guitar and that it is much more fun to play.

Bass is as easy as guitar. In fact, bass IS a guitar. Look it up. It's the lowest in a range of special guitars known as Tenor Guitar, Baritone Guitar, and Bass Guitar.
"but teh gitar is only ez if u dont play it write!"
Exactly. I challenge you to pick up a bass and play anything from Les Claypool, Geddy Lee, or Victor Wooten.

EDIT: For the record, playing bass made me better at guitar. Improving my guitar skills from there made me a better bassist. It pays to play both. I diversify.
I wanted to play bass,
because at first i was having trouble making chords on guitar.
but,
then i realized i couldnt push down the strigs.
damn midget hands.
All is well now though!
Quote by deadringer13
xjosheex, you have made a simple answer to it all haha

Quote by Pr0gNut
I hope he gets a blood disease and dies alone and screaming.

I mean that in the nicest way possible of course.
Quote by loner123
If you think bass players suck, then you obviously have never heard Cliff Burton, Justin Chancellor (or Paul D'Amour for that matter), Geezer Butler, Geddy Lee, John Myung, or Steve Harris.

Don't forget Jaco Pastorious
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by free_thinker999
excuse me? where do you see me trolling? I just express my opinion you don't have to share it you know but reporting people for that simply shows the weakness of your personality.

Where do I see you trolling? Hmm, lemme look:

Quote by free_thinker999

I think that covers it.
ey ****face do u even know what your talking about? honestly bass is equally as important as guitar. good luck keeping a beat without one of us asshole
Quote by therealtater
that is the first time I have ever actually loled because of the pit you win either a cookie or an internet your choice

Quote by Zero-Hartman
I regularly walk into the living room naked when my parents are watching Greys Anatomy.
In all seriousness,
Bass sounds awesome, and is not as easy as you think..
I don't play bass, but I still respect the instrument...
Quote by NGD1313
Yes, my mom walked in on me getting my carrot skinned.

So I freaked out and flipped the vegetable tray.

There was ranch everywhere.

Quote by zwound
Win

Quote by __Pent__

^^Too bad I can't do this in real life
wtfs trolling?
Quote by therealtater
that is the first time I have ever actually loled because of the pit you win either a cookie or an internet your choice

Quote by Zero-Hartman
I regularly walk into the living room naked when my parents are watching Greys Anatomy.
In all seriousness,