Page 1 of 3
So how do you go about this? Do they REALLY care if you're into DM? Say a girl is interested in you, but then she catches you listening to Necrophagist or Cryptopsy or Decapitated, would they lose interest? How are you suppose to explain that you are a diehard DM fan?
If I caught her listening to Necrophagist, Decapitated, or the new Cryptopsy, I would assault her until she learns that early Autopsy is better.
yeah death metal people are weird and usually dont have very good social skills or friends.
I listen to death metal really loud in our common room but I doesn't cause me any trouble when it comes to girls.

A lot of them seem to be interested in my unusual taste in music
I probably wouldn't let the music represent me. The music you listen to can be important, but don't let it be the thing that defines you.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
Quote by classrock77
yeah death metal people are weird and usually dont have very good social skills or friends.

That's why I listen to metal, nobody gets me.
Quote by UncleCthulhu
I listen to death metal really loud in our common room but I doesn't cause me any trouble when it comes to girls.

A lot of them seem to be interested in my unusual taste in music

liar
Well, most girls don't care I listen to metal. They're indifferent. I find it good to listen to some quality rap though, because most people around here are into rap. I love it, plus it gives me one more thing to talk about, haha.
Quote by burrit0
liar

No fucking lie.

EDIT: I'm drunk and I said something I shouldn't have
Last edited by UncleCthulhu at Dec 31, 2008,
What did he say?
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Girls usually aren't deterred by my taste in music because my sexiness and charm is more compelling than that is ever repelling.

And also the girls I talk to aren't shallow or close minded.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Went out wit ha girl who listened to Cannibal Corpse once. Needless to say, she didn't have very refined social skills.
well, i listen to metal and i have very few, if any, friends.

but it can't be because of me, because i'm ****ing fantastic it's the music obviously.
Metal brought me and my girl together
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
TS, no matter what you do, DON'T MAKE HER LISTEN TO CANNIBAL CORPSE!

Girls, specifically the Perplexi Bitchus, are severely allergic to death metal. Just a single note of it could affect them!
Symptoms of MDMA (Massive Death Metal Allergy) include, but are not limited to:
Regional swelling
Rash
Breathing difficulties
Red eyes
Metamorphing into a huge wilderbeast monster
Speaking french
Laughing from average american sitcoms
Death
More death
A bit more death
That's enough death
Phobophilia
Smashing faces with hammers
Virginity

BEWARE!!!
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
HAMMER SMASHED FACE!!!!!!

Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
of course most non-metal listening girls would be put off by it.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Quote by destroy_techno
If she ever walks in on you listen to metal, she will melt

I speak from own experience.. I still have the girl in a cup in the fridge

One girl, one cup aye.
I don't know about pure death metal, but one of my friends was just at my house from 3 am and for an hour we listened to some Devin Townsend (Pixillate, Triumph, By My Command) and some Dan Swano (Sun of the Night, Patchworks).

It didn't seem to bother her at all. And she's short and asian (and cheery).
I've found Jesus
Quote by Magero
By "Your" Command.

My bad.

I hope I have not dissapointed some Dev worship association.

She was like "I'm not liking this so much" after the first 2 minutes, and then I told her to wait, and then in silence we sat as that awesome rhythm section came in to start off the latter half of the song.
I've found Jesus
The scene girls like it, until I tell I tell them it's dying fetus and not bring me the horizon.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by Contraband
I don't know about pure death metal, but one of my friends was just at my house from 3 am and for an hour we listened to some Devin Townsend (Pixillate, Triumph, By My Command) and some Dan Swano (Sun of the Night, Patchworks).

It didn't seem to bother her at all. And she's short and asian (and cheery).

You've got yourself a keeper...she's Asian and uh...

Asian.
Quote by Contraband

My bad.

I hope I have not dissapointed some Dev worship association.

She was like "I'm not liking this so much" after the first 2 minutes, and then I told her to wait, and then in silence we sat as that awesome rhythm section came in to start off the latter half of the song.

On behalf of the Devin Townsend Omnidimensional Worship Association, I can safely say.
Hell yeah you fucking suck.
Quote by Magero
On behalf of the Devin Townsend Omnidimensional Worship Association, I can safely say.
Hell yeah you fucking suck.

TELL ME HOW MUCH HE FUCKING SUCKS
Theres a scene girl around here I used to mess with, listens to all the heavy grind bands, some actual death bands, but dresses and is definately a scene chick. I like em though, I find they cater to my needs They can put up with my metal, well groomed (unless they have raccoon hair...ugh) and don't mind me playing or growling. And they usually play vidjoo games too!
Most girls I know who claim to be into metal listen to it for pure novelty reasons, and are absolute retards.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by insideac
Theres a scene girl around here I used to mess with, listens to all the heavy grind bands, some actual death bands, but dresses and is definately a scene chick. I like em though, I find they cater to my needs They can put up with my metal, well groomed (unless they have raccoon hair...ugh) and don't mind me playing or growling. And they usually play vidjoo games too!

Seriously. I'd rather be with a scene kid who liked JFAC, SS and all the other hot topiccore bands than someone who didn't listen to anything even close to metal.
of the girls I know who are into metal they are either into:
a) Metallica from the Black Album/Load era
b) industrial stuff like Ministry, Laibach, etc...
c) Nightwish
d) black metal O_o , seriously, they were going crazy over Marduk and Satyricon

edit: there was also a surprising amount of girls when I went to see Dark Tranquility (though that is understandable as Mikael Stanne is teh sex), when Poison Black were opening there was like 2 full rows girls in the front
Last edited by seljer at Jan 1, 2009,
My ex used to make fun of death metal bands 'twas all good.

Every girl I've met that says they're into metal make fools of themselves.

Me: So what music do you listen to?
She: Death metal, man.
Me: Awesome, which DM bands do you like?
She: Rammstein, Iron Mai- *bitchslap*
you know what rhymes with shred head? sled*bitchslap*

br00tal...sheesh...faggot
Blindfold her telling her that she is going to get a surprise, then proceed to take off your pants and stick your penis in her nostrils.
I'm into 'extreme' metal of all sorts, most girls don't mind, they just don't like my beardstyle. I don't have a lot of people I really consider friends, but my social skills are fine, but that really has to do with the fact I'm a wider person than 'OMFG U HERD TEH NEW ACDC LOL U HAVENT? GTFO', I'm interessed in a lot of things, where I find a lot of other metal fans I meet only talk about metal, politics and drinking.

My girlfriend thinks it's great I'm in a death metal band and all, she likes some bands, but like most people I know, she just doesn't like the harsh vocals. She does listen to a good number of metal bands though, so I'm cool.

P.s. About those black metal girls another guy talked about, I know what you mean. I know a girl who's obsessed with werid 'grindcore' bands nobody has ever heard about. She actually flipped on me because I listened to Opeth because they have 'several million plays on last.fm'
Gear:
Gibson Explorer
Marshall JCM 900 Dual Reverb Combo
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
Tons of Green Tortex picks
Lots of other crap...
Quote by insideac
(unless they have raccoon hair...ugh)

Haha, "raccoon hair" is a really good description of that... I also can't stand it, why anybody would do that to themselves is beyond me.
○ ○ ○ ○ ○
The girls I usually go for aren't into any Metal, period. They don't mind me listening to it, but when we're in the car, I'll have the stereo off.
Quote by eazy-c
What did he say?

Something that, if any of my friends that lurk this site saw, would get me into trouble
Page 1 of 3