Just wondering if B-52 amps and Line 6 amps are good for heavy rock music or not (think of Nirvana). Also, do these same amps give great cleans???
b-52's are good.

Line 6's are okay.

They are both good, but you are better off with a B-52.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
B-52s are good if you are going with the AT series
Line 6s are good if you are going with the Flextones or Vettas (or maybe the HD series)
I'm not impressed with Line 6, but if you play one and it makes you smile, by all means go for it.
B-52s have great gain, but idk about cleans. And as for Line 6, it depends on the line of amps. Anything with Spider on it is not good. Flextones and Vettas are good.
Quote by qotsa1998
B-52s have great gain, but idk about cleans. And as for Line 6, it depends on the line of amps. Anything with Spider on it is not good. Flextones and Vettas are good.

The Spider Valves aren't that bad IMO. I've played one a while ago, got a pretty cool Killswitch Engage tone.
Quote by jdmurrayz
Fap energy comes from the soul, not the body.
Cleans arent spectacular on spider series, but then only the metal settings are half decent on the spider.
Flextone and Vetta are good amps, meh, might be better though
Quote by ShrimpthePimp
The Spider Valves aren't that bad IMO. I've played one a while ago, got a pretty cool Killswitch Engage tone.

Oh come on, they're so lifeless and sterile.
Quote by qotsa1998

The clean's are almost Fender like. Very clean, very glassy. The B52 is a very versatile amp if you don't look at it as a Mesa replacement.
Quote by Highwaytohell
B-52s are good if you are going with the AT series
Line 6s are good if you are going with the Flextones or Vettas (or maybe the HD series)

You know, everyone raves about the flextones but personally I think they're just as bad as the spiders. The vetta however, is very nice. But in general, B52 will be better.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.