--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just got my hands on this amp for...Drum roll... 60$

amp info:
The 1465 was most powerful full-featured guitar amp ever offered in the Dano-built Silvertone line, 150 solid state watts pumping into SIX ten-inch speakers.

Nice, red-line indicated aluminum inlay knobs just like its little brother the 1464... in fact, if it weren't for 'Solid State 150' screened on the front, you couldn't tell the two apart just by looking at the front.
Introduced:
1966 at $229.95
as the 57H1465N

Retired:
Late '68/Early '69 at $284.95
as the 57?1465N

the only thing that's not original is the cab screws and its missing a speaker.

Found problems :

blown fuse
tremolo tube needing glue and to be nail back (I already fix this)
un solder speaker cable
broken power switch
lose screws

things to work on:
getting the replacement parts i need like the fuse and switch
fix plywood or replace
replace tolex

Suggestions and ideas are appreciated on anything that i should do, or keep in mind when working on a 43 yr old amp, also what to do with the tolex what color should i do it? and other stuff like that

here some pics :

Guitar : Fender CIJ Mustang and a Telecaster
Amp : 76 fender champ
Pedals : BBE green screamer, Big muff, Ibanez LU20 Pedal Tuner, boss loop pedal
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

reserve for updates

I just sold a 1484 for $250 so its ounds like you got a steal
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
Quote by dannyniceboy
I just sold a 1484 for $250 so its ounds like you got a steal

I was about to buy just the head for 200 on ebay and i went a put a post on craiglist that i was looking for a sears silvertone and boom some guy game me his for 50$ but i gave him 60

kinda of a update :
I got the switch from a old guitar i have for parts, also im putting a jack on the back to connect to the cab since its wired directly to the cab

I already clean the whole thing and tight all the screws so tomorrow i just need to solder all the stuff back and i need to buy a fuse and it should power up and give me some reaction

A blown fuse could be a good indicator of problems that will require the attention of a technician. At the very least, you really need to consider having a capacitor job done on the amp. The power supply electrolyitic capacitors are probably dried out and will produce 60 Hz hum. If you spend the money and have it fixed right, it could be a good amp.
Awesome find! Good luck fixing it.
Gear:
Squier Strat
Cordoba 20TM-CE Acoustic Electric Tenor Uke
Bugera V22
Quote by KG6_Steven
A blown fuse could be a good indicator of problems that will require the attention of a technician. At the very least, you really need to consider having a capacitor job done on the amp. The power supply electrolyitic capacitors are probably dried out and will produce 60 Hz hum. If you spend the money and have it fixed right, it could be a good amp.

I want to take it to a technician to get it up to 100% im just trying to get everything i can before i do so, saving some $$I should have it power on by today so we will see

sweet.

nice cat
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
It said its a solid state amp?...

I didn't know they existed in the 60s lol.
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Quote by Exo M7
sweet.

nice cat

Cornholio the cat his a cam wh0re lol

Quote by DaddyBarbs
It said its a solid state amp?...

I didn't know they existed in the 60s lol.

neither did i, yeah its amazine all hand wired

Last edited by Nagashiro at Jan 1, 2009,
ITS FIX!!!!!

I will post a video of it tomorrow.

the fuse thing is cause of the way i install the switch *facepalm* anyways its fix now i havent try it out yet since im working, but tomorrow im off and i give it a try.

now by the picture you can see how abuse it is what should i do about it leave it like that or repair it and re-tolex it?

I really dig these silvertones, though I've not heard the 1465. I like the 1484, and the 1482.
I have had a 1465 since I was a teen. I think I paid 75 buck for it back then, all original still sounds great. The problem I have is during one of my moves I have lost my foot switch. I hate to buy another one as I will most likely find it in a box in the barn after paying more than I did for the amp to begin with. Anyone know how the foot switch is wired? I would like to just make something until I find mine.
If you're new you should probably read the forum rules. I reported this thread so a mod can close it, it is against the rules to post in old threads like this. If you have a new question or something to add you'll get better responses by first reading the forum rules and then starting a new thread.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not