Page 1 of 2
I was wondering what would be the best way to get a rise against sound.
My Gear
Peavy Raptor 1
75w Line 6 Spider lll Amp
Epiphone Les Paul (SH-4 JB Bridge, SH-2 Neck)
Squier Jazz Bass
Crate 30w Amp
Jasmine Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
next
My Gear
Peavy Raptor 1
Squier Jazz Bass
Crate 30w Amp
Jasmine Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
look at my gear. i asking more like what dist., and setting on my amp/guitar.
My Gear
Peavy Raptor 1
Squier Jazz Bass
Crate 30w Amp
Jasmine Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
I guess it went over your head what Im trying to say. Im trying to say Rise Againsts tone is nothing spectacular and can be attained with even the crappiest gear. Ive heard better tone out of my uncles 63' Fords blown out stock speakers
I was not asking for anyone's opinion on rise against
My Gear
Peavy Raptor 1
Squier Jazz Bass
Crate 30w Amp
Jasmine Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
well go get a boss ds-1 distortion pedal for $43 and just mess around untill you get the tone...its not really hard just look at the booklet for british punk i would guess...but then again i havnt tried to play any of their songs...even though i love their music i play different music...
Jump off the balcony of the second story of your house and land on your head. The distortion created in your brain cavity will be close to that of Rise Againsts tone.
Not one serious response... I love it!
Gear:
Schecter 006 Elite
Dean VX
Some Memphis 3/4th Strat copy
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60w
i'll buck the trend, and give some real advice then.
Okay, spiders aren't greatest amps, but just have a play around with the Crunch/Insane settings (i think thats what there called) and fiddle with the gain level and eq.
It's not a very unique kinda sound, so it shouldn't be to hard to dial in
Take a frying pan and whap it aginst a metal pole. Record the sound it makes with an 80's tape recorder and transfer it to a WAV file. Upload it to Acid Pro and add a little reverb and fuzz and youve got yourself the Rise Against tone down pat.
Quote by Sheogorath
I was not asking for anyone's opinion on rise against

They're not giving you their opinions. They're giving you the truth. But you obviously can't handle the truth.
I'd just like to let the following users know:

JeDiXxX
classrock77
TatarSalad2

You have been reported for spam.

I would like to firstly ask Sheogorath if he's named after the madgod in elder scrolls?

And then refer him to the "newer ultimate settings thread" so that he or she may read it and find something of use.

The tone of Rise Against is not included specifically, but the tones of similar bands have been, and also there is a little guide on how to figure out tones yourself.

Hope I helped man!
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by Øttər

JeDiXxX
classrock77
TatarSalad2

I would like to firstly ask Sheogorath if he's named after the madgod in elder scrolls?

And then refer him to the "newer ultimate settings thread" so that he or she may read it and find something of use.

The tone of Rise Against is not included specifically, but the tones of similar bands have been, and also there is a little guide on how to figure out tones yourself.

Hope I helped man!

Happy New Year to you too.
Quote by Øtt?r

JeDiXxX
classrock77
TatarSalad2

Hope I helped man!

Wow, what a humanitarian. Your really saving the day and making UG a better place. If it wasnt for fine, upstanding individuals like you, this website may not survive.

Id like to propose a toast, everyone, to our good friend "Otter" for policing comments he deems as spam and reporting them. Without him, children would be hungry, the homeless in the U.S. would rise by 30%, and the nations financial deficit would reach the hundreds of trillions.

To Otter!! Hip hip hooray!! : )
Quote by JeDiXxX
Wow, what a humanitarian. Your really saving the day and making UG a better place. If it wasnt for fine, upstanding individuals like you, this website may not survive.

Id like to propose a toast, everyone, to our good friend "Otter" for policing comments he deems as spam and reporting them. Without him, children would be hungry, the homeless in the U.S. would rise by 30%, and the nations financial deficit would reach the hundreds of trillions.

To Otter!! Hip hip hooray!! : )

you're an idiot, Otter is a valued member of UG, and his opinions and advice are actually sought after and respected, unlike you who have nothing better to do than bash someones tastes, and make a fool of your self

*reported*
Quote by Øttər

JeDiXxX
classrock77
TatarSalad2

Thank god someone did. I was about to do the same thing.

For Rise Against, try some of the British high gain models.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
I'm glad to see we've all turned over a new leaf for the New Year, put old conflucts behind us and found some new ones!

On topic: Try finding you're own tone, no one likes a copycat... unless they're in a tribute band.
I thought this thread was going to be about some post-punk/grunge movement against tone..

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Quote by philjay
I thought this thread was going to be about some post-punk/grunge movement against tone..

haha yea me too
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Quote by JeDiXxX
Take a frying pan and whap it aginst a metal pole. Record the sound it makes with an 80's tape recorder and transfer it to a WAV file. Upload it to Acid Pro and add a little reverb and fuzz and youve got yourself the Rise Against tone down pat.

So, do you have to be a moron, or just choose to be one?

Pick the model that's most like a JCM-800 on your Spider, work from there.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
I love Rise Against and I'll try to help you my best.

You have an Epiphone Les Paul, it's a good start since they use a lot of Gibson Les Paul.

Rise Against is a punk band, they don't usually spend days on getting the best tone. Just try to find a Marshall like tone and crank the distortion/gain.

But they are right in a certain way, they don't have a "signature tone". It's just Marshall amps that are cranked.
Quote by telemetal
you're an idiot, Otter is a valued member of UG, and his opinions and advice are actually sought after and respected, unlike you who have nothing better to do than bash someones tastes, and make a fool of your self

*reported*

Oh my lord, Ive never heard such a bunch of thin skinned pansy weepers in my entire life. Does nobody have a semse of humor? Do you all take life so seriously, and have such a tremendous stick in your anal cavity that you cant crack a smile at what is obviously not a serious suggestion on how to get Rise Againsts tone?

All of your New Years resoultions should be this: Lighten the F%$k up! : )

Or keep being the sad, overly serious, other user reporting, pretentious guitar snobs you currently are, I dont care. Peace!
Quote by JeDiXxX
Oh my lord, Ive never heard such a bunch of thin skinned pansy weepers in my entire life. Does nobody have a semse of humor? Do you all take life so seriously, and have such a tremendous stick in your anal cavity that you cant crack a smile at what is obviously not a serious suggestion on how to get Rise Againsts tone?

Or keep being the sad, overly serious, other user reporting, pretentious guitar snobs you currently are, I dont care. Peace!

kid, shut the **** up.

TS i tried to find the tone and my best was just into a 15W traynor studio mate that i have lying around
Quote by JeDiXxX

My friend, you are a twat, you're just annoying everyone and you are filling this website with crap, so shut up and stop being a wanker. Your so-called jokes are not amusing anyone.

On topic, playing around with the insane setting on your spider and giving it plenty of mids should do the job I think. As others have said it's not a particularly unique tone, much as I like it, but it should be easy enough to get.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Will everyone just shut the hell up about how much they hate Rise Against and actually give the guy the goddamn advice he wanted?

Quote by TatarSalad2
They're not giving you their opinions. They're giving you the truth. But you obviously can't handle the truth.

And you shut the **** up especially.

Okay, pretty much any distortion or overdrive will work for you. Try ones out and see what you like and what sounds the most similar to you. I would reccommend a BOSS DS-1 or OS-2 and then mess around with the settings on the pedal and the amp.

Have fun playing, and ignore other closed-minded people who can't take it if someone's musical taste is different from theres.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Last edited by tmfiore at Jan 1, 2009,
Quote by adlix
kid, shut the **** up.

TS i tried to find the tone and my best was just into a 15W traynor studio mate that i have lying around

+1
Gear:

Ibanez RGT42DX
Boss MT-2
Quote by TinyJimbo
I love Rise Against and I'll try to help you my best.

You have an Epiphone Les Paul, it's a good start since they use a lot of Gibson Les Paul.

Rise Against is a punk band, they don't usually spend days on getting the best tone. Just try to find a Marshall like tone and crank the distortion/gain.

But they are right in a certain way, they don't have a "signature tone". It's just Marshall amps that are cranked.

wow i said the same thing, only with less words, and i got reported for spam, wtf, otter whats wrong with that? who do you think you are, the UG gestapo? cause i aint jewish.
Quote by Friendly Stoat
My friend, you are a twat, you're just annoying everyone and you are filling this website with crap, so shut up and stop being a wanker. Your so-called jokes are not amusing anyone.

On topic, playing around with the insane setting on your spider and giving it plenty of mids should do the job I think. As others have said it's not a particularly unique tone, much as I like it, but it should be easy enough to get.

Wah wah, cry a little more. What a fruitcake. Go bang yourself.
Quote by JeDiXxX
Wah wah, cry a little more. What a fruitcake. Go bang yourself.

What a fantastically intelligent response, well done. Fruitcake is an insult now? Heh. Interesting.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Quote by Friendly Stoat
What a fantastically intelligent response, well done. Fruitcake is an insult now? Heh. Interesting.

For someone whos foundation for his comment is that im unintelligent, yet doesnt understand how "fruitcake" is an insult is quite ironic. What a fruitcake.
Quote by JeDiXxX
For someone whos foundation for his comment is that im unintelligent, yet doesnt understand how "fruitcake" is an insult is quite ironic. What a fruitcake.

Well I'm sorry about not being upset by being called a fruitcake. Look back at your previous post. Do you see any intelligent comments? No, that's right. Time for us to stop posting crap now.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
just crank up the dist.

they dont have a unique tone, all you really need to do is add distortion
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by Friendly Stoat
Well I'm sorry about not being upset by being called a fruitcake. Look back at your previous post. Do you see any intelligent comments? No, that's right. Time for us to stop posting crap now.

I didnt say it was ironic that you werent upset. I said it was ironic you didnt understand after challenging MY intelligence. Im sorry that, once again, you couldnt wrap your brain around simple ideas. Go away now fruity.
Page 1 of 2