im looking to buy a tube combo amp, but no nonsense. i mean, i have no real use for 3 channels, even 2. honestly, all the dials i would want are bass, mid, treble, presence master volume and perhaps a preamp volume. now, its not vital that this amp doesnt have lots of other features, i just wont use em.

i predominantly play heavy/thrash metal, hard rock and punk. with bits of blues and avant-garde every now and then.

id already thought about a marshall JCM800 head and some sort of cab, but i really dont have the money for that at the moment. so any suggestions, at roughly $1000 australian would be great. any advice at all really.

cheers.
Quote by MrChief
tbh i wanted to watch 2 girls one cup , and the website i clicked on was totally corrupt.

and the video was sick.

Current gear:
Slash Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Hiwatt G50R
BOSS ME-50
Peavey Windsors are good, idk about price. Look at Soldanos if you have the chance, they are apparently really good for hi-gain, and are also BB King's amp of choice. Egnator also has a new amp out, idk the name right now tho, its only one channel tho.
Quote by qotsa1998
Soldano and Egnater

Quote by awesome-o
1000 australian dollars

Highly unlikely.

OP, maybe you can find a JCM800 combo in your range? Head and cab isn't always as necessary as you may think, and it's not like you need clean headroom anyway.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Can you get the Randall RM20 combo for that much in Australia? If you can try it out with the SL+ module, I might recommend it. If it's a bit over your price range, just get a used amp and get the module new (the new ones have the JCM800 midrange circuit, but the old ones have more bass and less mids, somewhere between a DSL and a JCM900), or find a used modified module.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores