ive heard lots of people bashing the brand because of some cases. well let me tell you im amazed with my bugera, it hasnt turned over me in the week Ive owned it and one time while i was playing the AC chord went loose and the entire amp shuted off. i thought it was the end of it but it survived. seems a pretty reliable amp to me
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
All brands have a few duds. It happens.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Actually, it shut off, not shuted.

And I've been following this event for a while. It seems that the issues are usually with the 333 series, but the 6260 is fine.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
I just noticed that

Keep in mind, it's not a universal issue with that series. It's a quality control thing, so the duds are hit-and-miss. You probably got a good one, and if so then cheers!
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Speaking of duds,

Still power to my 6262, but no sound, power tubes aren't lighting up at all. No heat coming from amp.

What could it be?
Quote by devit
ive heard lots of people bashing the brand because of some cases. well let me tell you im amazed with my bugera, it hasnt turned over me in the week Ive owned it and one time while i was playing the AC chord went loose and the entire amp shuted off. i thought it was the end of it but it survived. seems a pretty reliable amp to me

You're going to comment on the reliability of an amp after a week of owning it?

And your calling it reliable because it didn't die when you cut power to it?
Quote by devit

Give it another month before you start saying its reliable.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Quote by GibsonTheGuitar
Speaking of duds,

Still power to my 6262, but no sound, power tubes aren't lighting up at all. No heat coming from amp.

What could it be?

It's one of your tubes. Get a power and preamp tube that you know is working and put them in each of the tubes' slots until you know which one is the dud. Do this both for the power and preamp sections.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
There are an awful lot of bugera failure related threads on UG. So for some they seem to be good amps but their failure rate is unacceptably high. Just like xbox 360s ONLY have a 16% failure rate unless yours is the one thats been fixed 5 times. But as bugera's are made by behringer corner cutting and cheap parts are to be expected. Im not going to buy a new amp and first thing I should do is put new tubes in it, they should just drop the price a little and ship em without tubes save everybody some time and effort. Im certainly not going to open up a new amp and fix design flaws as some have suggested. It works as intended and for more than a few months or it goes back for a refund.
Im on my second 333 head, the first blew on the 6th day
Spear Gladius II
Squire Standard Stratocaster LTD ED c/w hotrails
Squire Deluxe Strat c/w Hotrails
Dean Baby V
Tanglewood Acoustic
Bugera 333 Head
Laney Cab Vintage 30's
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2
Boss MT-2 (modified)
Marshall Jackhammer
Tackleberry, I agree with you that such obvious design flaws are fairly unacceptable, but in a lot of places, there is not a great alternative.

A new 6262 head here in Australia is $799.00. A new 5150 head is closer to $2.8k. On top of that, there is absolutely no used market, and used 5150s still go for enormous amounts of money, nothing close to the cost of a new Bugera.