I want a new amp for gigs cuz my 15wt wont cut it, its nice and all but i need more power. I want ur guys opinion on what i should get. I play mostly classic rock, hard rock, and alternative rock. My budget is about $100-$300.It can go a LITTLE over $300. And i dont care if its tube or solid state
Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends

........that would be me
Umm...can't you just mic your amp up?
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
Umm...can't you just mic your amp up?

Well my Peavy Rage is really suited for more metal sounding stuff and i raley play metal and its kinda lame when it comes to features
Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends

........that would be me
If your gonna gig, save up more.
Quote by jdmurrayz
Fap energy comes from the soul, not the body.
Quote by ShrimpthePimp
If your gonna gig, save up more.

+1

The Peavey Classic 30 is just out of your range used.

In your range, though, look at a Vox Valvetronix, Crate V series amps, Palomino amps, and Blackheart amps.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
You may get lucky, I see Classic 30's right at $300 from time to time. One friend of mine gig's a blues jr and od pedal so he doesn't have to lug his larger amps around. They also hit the $300 mark on craigslist. I would add the older crate Vintage Club 3112t or 2110 to the amps Raijouta listed. Some models have reverb and gain and that's about it as far as features beyond the usual 3 band eq. Lurk on your local craigslist and see what's out there and take your time.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Supersonic64
Well my Peavy Rage is really suited for more metal sounding stuff and i raley play metal and its kinda lame when it comes to features

Ah, well then I would go with the Blackheart Little Giant. It comes in a halfstack for $350. 5/3w, all tube. Mic it up and it will more than likely put every amp in it's price range to shame.

EDIT: Or you can go the Crate V Series route. They're dirt cheap right now. IMO, the Blackhearts sound better, but that's just me. Make your own opinion. There's a video on YouTube that is a faceoff between a Fender HRD, Crate V18, and Blackheart Handsome Devil.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
ive seen late 70s bassman heads go for $3-400. with the right pedal you would get friggen sweet tones.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.