I plan on buying a 7 string guitar with my income tax check so im trying to figure out which one to get, I've narrowed it down to two, unless anyone else has a better suggestion.... i'm looking to pay less than five hundred dollars

Ibanez

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG7321-7String-Electric-Guitar?sku=519787

And Schecter

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Damien-7-Electric-Guitar?sku=513104

I'm switching the pickups to emg 81-7 regardless so that really isn't an issue.

Thanks to anyone that helps
Quote by leavesandman
i hope your children get aids

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.

Member Number 11 of Metallica Mensa
both are nice, but i'd have to go with the Ibby, i played one a few weeks ago, and it was a real nice guitar, it would've bought it if i had the cash,l and with a pup swap it should sound great
ive played both. the ibanez plays and sounds like poop, at least compared to the schecter, which i own, and i love dearly. it kicks copius amounts of ass
The Damien Is a sweet 7 String. I love mine. The only thing I did not like about it was the bat inlays but they grew on me. I like my 7321 as well but the Damien ownS it, IMHO.
i'll change my opinion then, these two above me seem to have more experience with the guitrs than i do, so i'd trust there judgement over mine on this one
If you decide to go Schecter I would like to suggest holding out a bit until you can afford one of the Loomis 7 models.I got the chance to sit down with one recently and it is one of the best guitars I've played for under 1000 bucks.Also,there has been a price drop and the FR version can now be had for 850 from musicians friend.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

thanks to all you guys
Quote by leavesandman

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.

pretty sure you can get the esp stephen carpenter 7string for around the same price cant you?
(not sure about the conversion of the $)
This next band asked me to read this 'Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden and Molly Hatchet all had sex and now please welcome their two-headed baby 'Tenacious D '

myspace.com/dinosaur_sandwich
the stephen carpenter only has a bridge and a middle pickup, I dont think i'd like that
Quote by leavesandman

Quote by richwatkinson

Ibanez.
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
Be prepared to shell out for a routing job on either guitar, EMG 81-7's are slightly bigger than normal passives and therefore wont actually fit the original stock routes.

It may be worth looking into either the schecter hellraiser or the new blackjack as they come fitted as stock with actives, meaning you wont have to pay extra to have your guitar modded.
If you want EMGs in those, you'll need expensive routing done...but hmmm_de_hum beat me to that part.

Probably worth going for a guitar with stock actives rather than paying for a routing job.
the schecter has emgs in it already, but they're passive, I didnt know they are different sizes
Quote by leavesandman

Quote by richwatkinson