Hi ummm I've been playing guitar for about a year and a half now. But I am know noticing whenever I play barre chords I feel this dull pain in my wrists so I immediatly stop. I have no idea why either because I always do a 5 minute chromatic exercise going up and down the neck before I start playing. So any ideas what might be wrong?
Jerk off more often. It helps a lot.

I'm practically a virtuoso
Member of the Grammar Nazi Club. PM Your41Plague12 to Join.

Member #6 of the Orange Tiny Terror Club
stop masturbating.
If all else fails, you better contact your mother! COME ON!

::type
wow the only real suggestion is the stress ball thing all you other guys are ****in freaks!!

Guess I should never post at new years in the ****ing noob thread look all y'all joined this year and you're busting posting random crap. God this why I don't ****ing post here the only people who actually help your are the people in the musicians talk forum. And never or whatever I bet you ****ing suck at guitar I dont care if you probally just started a month ago why would you ****ing say someone was not meant to play guitar just because you suck and you can tell your not getting any better. God and I was in a good mood up till now.

P.s. Thank you blue crabs for the only good suggestion
Last edited by guitarnoob243 at Jan 1, 2009,
They were only having a laugh, chill out. Try looking at your technique and seeing if there is a less painful way of doing it. It might also be the neck of your guitar. I have trouble playing for a long amount of time on my harley benton wheras I could play my Ibanez until I drop dead of exhaustion
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!
Your wrist should not be perpendicular with your arm. Relax your wrist back a little or else you'll get carpel tunnel syndrome. If you're not careful it can cause permanent nerve damage preventing you from playing again.
Don't beat it so much if you do daily or you you hardly beat it do it a bit more often
if that doesn't help use something around 15 pounds and do wrist curls in the fashion of a weightlifting workout with sets of reps. if that doesn't help the only thingleft is to stop being such a wussy!
Bennetts_strat
Registered confuser.

Chinese health balls might help. A teacher of mine in high school told me to get a squash ball and clench and release it in your fist, it will help build up the muscle and stuff which I've had to do after several accidents skating where I landed badly on my wrists.

I wear wrist bands as well to help hold things together better once my wrists start playing up.
I'm Stuck In The Pit And I Can't Get Out... But Do You Really Need To Go Anywhere Else On The Site?

John Clark: "It's the drugs I tell you. High school students are crazed because of all the drugs they do. We need drug testing for all students."
Quote by guitarnoob243
wow the only real suggestion is the stress ball thing all you other guys are ****in freaks!!

Guess I should never post at new years in the ****ing noob thread look all y'all joined this year and you're busting posting random crap. God this why I don't ****ing post here the only people who actually help your are the people in the musicians talk forum. And never or whatever I bet you ****ing suck at guitar I dont care if you probally just started a month ago why would you ****ing say someone was not meant to play guitar just because you suck and you can tell your not getting any better. God and I was in a good mood up till now.

P.s. Thank you blue crabs for the only good suggestion

Use stress balls and practice often. Eventually your wrist will start to stretch out a little bit and you'll be fine. A lot of beginners get hurt wrists when they start. Make sure your posture is correct and keep your strumming arm at a 135 degree angle about, rather then a 90 degree angle and your fretting hand's thumb lower on the fretboard.
alright, seriously my first post was a joke, i left it for a day to see if you're gonna react, and you did.

back to your problem,

i also encountered those wrist pains like what you've said, since then i thought of some stretching exercise my PE teacher used to teach us. those wrist stretching moves like in a circular motion, also the close-open-close with your fingers.

maybe some time youre gonna be fond of it. dont worry.
If all else fails, you better contact your mother! COME ON!

::type
why I'm sorry for my earlier post I as just really tired.
And the only reason I'm really asking for help is because I got signed up fir thebpaul greens school of rock.