Page 1 of 6
READ THIS BEFORE POSTING OR YOU MAY GET COMPLETELY PWNED IN MANY WAYS

Super long name, I know.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614136&page=1&pp=20

I was looking through my old posts and saw that thread in there, and I remembered all the stories I wanted to tell and hear. So I thought instead of performing necromancy I'd just take the Jesus route and create a whole new one.

Anything paranormal here. Ghost stories? Go for it. My favorite.

Oh, and first person to say "searchbar" gets their skull kicked in.
Pretty much all of the paranormal threads are dead, lame, or simply a ghost stories thread. I say combine them..

I'll start off I guess.

I personally believe in the paranormal. But at the same time I'm not a fanatic. Orbs? Are you kidding me? Its called dust, dude. Get a less sh.tty camera. The dust is probably from your penis because if you really have enough time to sit there and argue about orbs being real, then that thing probably needs dusted off.

Also, I watch Ghost Hunters. So yeah. Case closed Hehe. Good show.

Discuss!

NEW RULE
January 3rd

Unfortunately, due to insanely awesome amounts of bashing and arguing, I've decided that the whole "debate" part of this thread is closed. Paranormal discussion, ghost stories, and of course discussion of Ghost Hunters (because its the most badass show ever, and because it isn't Chuck Norris.) are still open. However, telling us we're psychotic and need help will now be considered spam and flaming from this point on and will be reported as such.

I'm also going to compile a list of cool videos and sites for anyone interested in the paranormal here in the first post as soon as I get the chance. If you find any interesting videos, reading material, or websites, please share the link here and I'll be sure to add it to the list.

BIG LIST O' GHOST STUFF

VIDEOS

- A "Best of" from Ghost Hunters
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17945992&postcount=59
A very large post by me. It is a link to a compilation of ten fantastic clips from the TV series "Ghost Hunters" along with an explanation of each clip in my post.

PICTURES

CREEPYPASTA/STORIES

WEBSITES
- SurfTheChannel
http://www.surfthechannel.com
One of my favorite sites. A collection of links to episodes of just about every TV show imaginable. Posted here as you can use it to watch Ghost Hunters, Most Haunted, etc.

- 7Chan
http://www.7chan.org
A much more well-kept, civilized (about as civilized as a chan can get that is, which isn't much) version of 4Chan. Includes a fantastic paranormal imageboard.

- Ghostsamongus
http://www.ghostsamongus.net/
A pretty interesting websites with articles on everything from cryptozoology to ghosts, a small gallery, and fourteen live web cams of supposedly haunted places. Cams require registration.

- Paranormal Down Under
http://www.paranormaldownunder.com
Another cam site, this time from Australia. Includes a forum and a webcam portal for those of you looking for other cam sites. A few clips from paranormal tv shows also seem to be posted here and there. Forum and webcams require registration.
Quote by sowhat360
who the hell is nightwish

Quote by GimmeShelter
My ex-girlfriend died.

The bitch still won't leave me alone.

Quote by Guitar_Obsessed
Thats like saying Slayer does covers of George Michael songs......
Last edited by CaptainArsenic at Jan 3, 2009,
at my friends house we used an Ouija board and it scared the **** outta me. two ghosts live there. and i've heard footsteps late at night.
My Gear:
Epiphone Classic Les Paul
Ibanez JS1000 w/ Seymour Duncan Jazz and Pearly Gates
Alverez Acoustic
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Boss GT-8

Add Me?
Ouija boards are so lame. Come on. Seriously bro? Although it does get pretty scary when you can tell the other person isn't moving it.

My old friend Grant who I used to be real tight with had a screwed up house. His dad would never be home so I'd stay over on the weekends. We'd always be ripping at Halo 3 in the middle of the night and we'd hear the sound of someone walking up and down his steps. (Its ALMOST like a split level house. The stairs weren't very long. Like five or six steps in the middle of a hallway.) But because the stairs were small, it was weird that it sounded like someone was walking up and up and up. Then they would stop. And you'd hear them descend for a while. Now like I said, only about six or seven steps. It doesn't take twnety minutes to climb up stairs. He told me he always thought his house was haunted. And I always thought he was just trying to scare me until the day we woke up to find his TV on the floor and his alarm clock turned off. We ended up waking up at 4 PM instead of 11 AM. We were pissed. And freaked out. His dad wasn't home at all for about four days or so, and we had locked literally EVERYTHING, and his dog was sleeping in the back yard. A little creepy? Yeahh.

Quote by lzcougarz3
/X/ is good for this. Sometimes.

I haven't touched my /x/ bookmark in forever. Not after all those "See it and you'll sh.t bricks" threads. Oh man, some of those were scary as hell.

And I have plenty more stories guys.
Quote by sowhat360

Quote by GimmeShelter
My ex-girlfriend died.

Quote by Guitar_Obsessed
i saw an orb in my friends house and heard voices later that night. also i saw a ghost of a union soldier in my yard a couple months ago.
Quote by GimmeShelter
My ex-girlfriend died.

Hahhahahahahaha.

Quote by taylorhindman
i saw an orb in my friends house and heard voices later that night. also i saw a ghost of a union soldier in my yard a couple months ago.

I live in western PA. This sh.t is like civil war central. I mean imagine how many people see things around here.

Oh, and thats something I should have mentioned. My friend Grant's house was also very close to Bushy Run Battlefield. Maybe less than three or four miles. So it was creepy.
Quote by sowhat360

Quote by GimmeShelter
My ex-girlfriend died.

Quote by Guitar_Obsessed
While I was in London I visited the Tower of London. I was in a courtyard near the Prison area. I looked up at a window and saw a tall man with long matted hair and a beard. He was looking right at me. He was wearing Medieval-style clothing. It was probably just an employee on his lunch break trying to scare some stupid American tourists.
Quote by GimmeShelter
My ex-girlfriend died.

I don't have any personal experiences, but my friend says that he believes he saw the ghost of an Indian (native american) man. The area our houses are in are basically over indian burial grounds...in fact, there was a new housing development really close to my house and the developers called it Spirit Hills because the hills were used by the indians as burial mounds. Now all the rich people live in Spirit Hills
There's a ghost in my house. He really doesn't do any harm, he just likes to **** with me and my brother. Normally when I'm out in the living room, he hangs out in the back behind the table in the dining room. I know this because our dog stares over there. Constantly
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Eww. Creepy. I'm always creeped out about my basement, but this is literally a BRAND new house. It was just built two summers ago and we moved in. But still. This place used to be an old golf course. I dunno about before that though. But we keep our cats down there because its a pretty big basement and we don't want them ruining the carpet. So anytime I go down there to pet them or feed them, they'll always wait til I come down, then run in front of the one big pile of boxes we have down there and just stare in the empty space beside them. It's creepy.
Quote by sowhat360

Quote by GimmeShelter
My ex-girlfriend died.

Quote by Guitar_Obsessed
i went to Eastern State Penitentiary in Philadelphia a few months ago. it is a prison that was built in the early 1800's, and closed in the 1970's. it is supposed to be haunted. i saw it featured on some ghost show on tv. i didn't see anything out of the ordinary when i was there, but it is pretty cool.
There's this abandoned house down the road from me that's apparently haunted, and me and my Mum were always talking about it- y'know, joking and such. It was really run-down, pretty much falling apart, and the garden was overgrown and full of old tires, corroding kitchen appliances and such. It wasn't that different to any of the other houses on our street, well, save for the fact that is was pretty much half-demolished. However, there was always a feeling of 'unrest' about the place.

One night I was walking back home from the bus stop and I could hear strange noises emminating from the house- a sort of whirring, moaning sound. Sure, it must have been the wind, but I had a feeling that it was something a little more... sinister. I picked up the pace a little and made my way home. When I got in, I just put my coat on the hanger and slumped in an armchair.
'Aidy!' my Mum exclaimed, 'are you okay? You look like you've just seen a ghost!' I told her it was nothing, but I couldn't ignore what I heard. Nonetheless, I put it to the back of my mind and carried on as normal.

These noises continued for nights on end, sounding more and more desperate. I'm not sure whether it was just me being paranoid or the weather getting worse, but I couldn't take my mind off it. No matter what I did, all I could hear in my head was the constant groaning from the house- I couldn't take it anymore. Last Thursday night I told Mum the whole story. She suggested that we go and see what's going on so we can finally put my anxiety to rest.

We wrapped up warm and made our way to the house. I stumbled over nettles and the eroded old bird bath in the garden to remove what was left of the front door, and we cautiously crept inside, only our torches to light the way.

'It's coming from upstairs!' I whispered- 'I'm going up'.

Mum stood watching the upper floor balcony as I crept upstairs. Suddenly, I saw a shadow slowly shuffling towards me, and I ran like Hell back down the stairs.

'Get out!' I shouted, and my Mum got scared and said 'you're moving with your Auntie and Uncle in Bel-Air!'

I whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said 'fresh' and it had dice in the mirror. If anything I could say this cab was rare, but I thought 'Naw, forget it- Yo homes, to Bel Air'

I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 and I yelled to the cabbie, 'Yo homes smell ya later!'. I looked at my kingdom, I was finally there- To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air.
Last edited by Aidy Damage at Jan 1, 2009,
My friends and I spend 3 hours at graveyard last year. Nothing happen.

On the other hand, one of the dorms' floor (12th I think) at UNC is suppose to be haunted. Some guy jumped out of the window several years back and at night the residents can hear "knocking" on the hallways walls and the room he jumped out of the windows would sometime slam open by itself.

No one live in that room anymore and I don't know anyone from that dorm so I don't know if it's true or not. Could be interesting to spend a night there to see what happens.
Ghosts aren't real.

/discussion.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
My cat can see ghosts.

*Points To Meths*
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
That stairs one is really creepy

Ive seen a old women in a old fashioned nurse uniform in the distance when i camped out in a graveyard with friends.

scary ****
Quote by Just Andrew
My cat can see ghosts.

*Points To Meths*

Ahaha, that was classic.

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Meths
Ghosts aren't real.

/discussion.

Meths isnt real!
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by Chris3235
That stairs one is really creepy

Ive seen a old women in a old fashioned nurse uniform in the distance when i camped out in a graveyard with friends.

scary ****

Probably hypnagogic hallucinations.
Yup I believe in 'em.

In fact my friend has a spirit that seems to always be around him.

Lately she's been visiting me a lot.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Yup I believe in 'em.

How did you escape from the asylum?

Oscar Wilde
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Yup I believe in 'em.

Is she hot?
Quote by Meths

How did you escape from the asylum?

I'm telling the truth.

Quote by Portuguese_boy
Is she hot?

Well the only time I've actually seen her she appeared as a silhouette.
I've felt her though. (no not like that you dirty pervs)
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
When I was 7 I seen a lady with a glowing white aurora hovering about a foot off the floor in my dining room.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Quote by Aidy Damage
Bel-Aired mother****ers

damn...
that was a great setup

Quote by lzcougarz3
/X/ is good for this. Sometimes.

/b/ actually scares me more

Creepypasta:

During the summer of 1983, in a quiet town near Minneapolis, Minnesota, the charred body of a woman was found inside the kitchen stove of a small farmhouse. A video camera was also found in the kitchen, standing on a tripod and pointing at the oven. No tape was found inside the camera at the time.

Although the scene was originally labeled as a homicide by police, an unmarked VHS tape was later discovered at the bottom of the farm's well (which had apparently dried up earlier that year).

Despite its worn condition, and the fact that it contained no audio, police were still able to view the contents of the tape. It depicted a woman recording herself in front of a video camera (seemingly using the same camera the police found in the kitchen). After positioning the camera to include both her and her kitchen stove in the image, the tape then showed her turning on the oven, opening the door, crawling inside, and then closing the door behind her. Eight minutes into the video, the oven could be seen shaking violently, after which point thick black smoke could be seen emanating from it. For the remaining 45 minutes of video, until the batteries in the camera died, it remained in its stationary position.

To avoid disturbing the local community, police never released any information about the tape, or even the fact that it was found. Police were also not able to determine who put the tape in the well, or why the height and stature of the woman in the video didn't come close to matching the body they'd found in the oven.
Last edited by Nilpferdkoenig at Jan 1, 2009,
Looks like you guys need a little help from:

Quote by LedZepKicksAzz
You are simply the greatest person ever to walk this great planet.
Great I've been waiting for someone to make another one of these threads. I too hate the whole orb thing but I actually took a picture with some in it and there appears to be shapes/faces in them. I'm not sure what to think but whatever, I'll post it later to see what you guys think.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
I thought I saw a black cat run into my living room. I thought it was my cat, so I closed the door and went over to grab it, and there was no cat there. I don't think it's a ghost though, because I've seen sh*t like that all my life.

Last apparition I think I could have possibly saw was a shadow person when I was working down in texas on a plantation.

But, the mind is a powerful thing. I discovered that through a bad trip I had on some ****ty rolls. Just don't read too deep into this paranormal stuff.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Last edited by CORT noob at Jan 1, 2009,
I am an amature paranormal investigator (fine, ghost hunter) and I want to go to college for parapsychology but I can't find any school in the U.S. that offers it. Help please.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
@Meths: Let's hear some reasons, bro. Notice the "argue" part in the first post. Seriously, bash it all you want, I'm taking Argument and Debate in school for a reason

And there's two places I really wanna check out that are near me in PA. Torrence (sp? Dunno.) Mental Hospital (Nicer name for an asylum) and this one graveyard called Livermoore (Night of the Living Dead or Dawn of the Dead was filmed partly in there. I think Night but I'm not sure exactly.) My mom along with her sister and two friends camped out there one night when they were like 17 and apparently they heard some crazy sh.t. They left the place at two in the morning because they were too scared to stay there any longer.
Quote by sowhat360

Quote by GimmeShelter
My ex-girlfriend died.

Quote by Guitar_Obsessed
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
damn...
Creepypasta:

Gotta love /b/'s natural gift for managing to keep you from being able to sleep.

Seriously.

Creepypasta and the sh.t brix threads always scare me enough that I have no desire to go near my bed.. or leave my room for that matter.
Quote by sowhat360

Quote by GimmeShelter
My ex-girlfriend died.

Quote by Guitar_Obsessed
Is that by any chance from that the Eastern State Penitentiary in Philadelphia? They look like it. That place is INSANE.
Quote by sowhat360

Quote by GimmeShelter
My ex-girlfriend died.

Quote by Guitar_Obsessed
yeah. that place is awesome. it was creepy to walk through that place during the day. i can't imagine what it is like at night.
I'm real scared of bloody mary. Ima big beleiver in her. donno why, but everytime I go near a mirror in the slitest bit of dark, I swear any second I think Mary's gonna come out and scratch my face off. Sounds weird right? Try standing in the dark with the water running and candles lit and do the Bloody Mary thing. Weather she comes out or not, You'll be scared half to death if you beleive in ghost. Sometimes I have to sleep with the light on in the bathroom.

One time I woke up in the middle of the night.I could of swore I shut my bathroom door. When I looked, it was open and the water was running and about 2 seconds later it shut off
Stratocasters=

Quote by reb_49
You all seem to be confused a quite bit, let me put this down into these simple words: Music Is Always Evolving, The Problem Is That People Aren't

Favorite Guitarists -
Jimi Hendrix
Joe Perry
Jimmy Page
We had a lake house up at lake macquarie we just sold last month.

My older sister always heard little feet on our rooves and my grandparents said there was spirits everywhere living in the trees :S