Okay, after several months as an owner, being fairly careful with my Bugera 6262, it has died today, just as we started home recording.

Symptoms:

All the lights are still on, so it still has power, but I'm not getting any sound.

None of the power tubes are lit up. No glowing what so ever.

Could this be a blown power tube? or preamp tube?

Help a noob out..
Same thing happened to mine.

The output transformer needs replacing,

It's covered by warranty, so take it back where you bought it and get it repaired/replaced
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
They're conflicting answers, but both involve opening the amp up.

The HT fuse is basically the power tube fuse, if it blows it restricts power from reaching the tubes.

The output transformer sends the power through the tubes... Thus if it dies, the power tubes once again have no power.

In any case it's still covered by warranty, so the end of my previous post is still the solution.
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
Yes, we are, and I suspect you bought your amp from the same Allans I did...

It's like the twilight zone or some **** like that.

Word of warning, it took them 22 days to repair my 333xl when it shat itself so be prepared for a guitar dry spell.
Quote by Shredder XXX
They're conflicting answers, but both involve opening the amp up.

The HT fuse is basically the power tube fuse, if it blows it restricts power from reaching the tubes.

The output transformer sends the power through the tubes... Thus if it dies, the power tubes once again have no power.

In any case it's still covered by warranty, so the end of my previous post is still the solution.

Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa

WHAT?!!

I have spent the last 4 hours drinking at at a bar and can still tell you that this is very wrong.

First off, do not assume your OT is fried, that is about the worst case scenario. There are MANY other reasons as to why this is occuring, starting with a fuse problem.

Second off, the OT does NOT send power through the tubes. The OT is AFTER the power tubes in the signal path and has NOTHING to do with power supply.
Last edited by al112987 at Jan 1, 2009,
Yeah, I think we're going to borrow a mesa off a mate in the mean time. Thanks for the heads up.

And recording goes on the back burner...
No, GibsonTheGuitar, read what I wrote before suddenly assuming that your OT is blown from an answer from someone who apparently knows very little, if any about how an amp works.

Unless he knows something about tube amps that I don't, I'm not claiming to be an expert, however I do understand the basics of how a tube amp works, and can tell you right off the bat that the OT does not provide power to the tubes, the OT turns the high voltage, low current signal from the power section to a low voltage, high current signal for the speaker. It doesn't provide either the power for 1) heater filament or 2) the high voltage B+ which is the main power line for the amp. Misinformation on this matter can be highly misleading.

See if your amp has an HT fuse access on the back panel. Most modern amplifiers do. If so, see if it's fried, if so, replace it, if it blows again, then stop, you're most likely having a power tube issue.

Heaters not working can also be a PT issue, but if it's only the power tubes, it sounds much more like a bad solder joint or something.
Last edited by al112987 at Jan 1, 2009,
Alright, so I'll look for the fuse on the back panel, and if its fried, replace it.

Is this likely to void a warranty?
This is a pretty common issue with bugeras. Did you put new tubes in when you got it? They put some really cheap tubes in em stock. I know seems stupid to buy a new amp then put new tubes in it. But if the fuse is blown its probably the tubes that did it. BUT if you open the amp up yourself then bugera will most likely void the warranty. So as its just a few months old take it back to get it fixed its new enough you shouldnt have to work on it already.
Okay, replaced the fuse, which had no effect, so the HT fuse was not blown.

Does this rule out a tube problem?

Guess I should just send it in to the abyss that is the Allans Music amp repair. I wouldn't mind waiting normally, except that we are borrowing monitors, a couple of shure sm57s and a condenser for this recording.. and now they are just sitting there collecting dust for a several weeks.
just take it to the store and let them diagnose it.
generally, when i have a problem, if its not a tube or fuse problem, then its out of my power.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by jarudy
This, or transformer

Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt that Bugera uses shoddy transformers, but heater filaments are wired in parallel. If only the preamp tubes are still lighting up then I don't think there is a transformer problem. If ALL of them were not lighting up, there could be a problem with the heater filament power supply from the PT. Otherwise, it is most likely bad tubes, bad solder joint, etc. the HT fuse is one of the first places to check, as a short somewhere often blows the fuse.
Apparently there is this one plastic clip in particular that always seems to go bad.. the connection from the transformer cable to the tube something or other. So it seems like that could be the problem.
If your lights are on then I dont think its the fuse. When my 6262 died the lights were out, after checking and replacing the fuse the lights came on and then I was able to see the powertube problem. They have ceramic fuses, so you'll have to check it with a multimeter.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
problem = behringer. Ive never had a god experience with that company.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by occub
If your lights are on then I dont think its the fuse. When my 6262 died the lights were out, after checking and replacing the fuse the lights came on and then I was able to see the powertube problem. They have ceramic fuses, so you'll have to check it with a multimeter.

There are two fuses, the main power fuse and a high tension (HT) fuse.
so its safe to say that if my new 6262 head, which has 10 minutes literally of playing time, should have the power tubes replaced... i literally have played it 10 minutes, and the sound cut out, and the power tubes went bright red and were sparking within the tube, and then everything just cut out... so i replaced the fuse, with the same fuse obv, and then the power actually came on, but once i switched the standby, it just hissed and two of the power tubes just sparked, then blew the fuse again... warranty will cover this i hope, cause im going to take it back to where i got it from, and get them to fix it...
Why exactly do people buy these amps?

I mean, I know they sound very good, especially considering the price, but you could easily get a Peavey XXX, Ultra, or JSX used for only slightly more than these cost new and it wouldn't run the risk of dying on you unexpectedly.

Not criticising, just curious.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Why exactly do people buy these amps?

People find the tone to be better than the Peavey amps as they are not exact clones.

As for TC, The same thing happened to me. Go to beer churchs blog and look for the oxidized clip. That may be your problem as it was mine. I took off that piece of trash clip and soldered the wires directly and now it works even better than it did before.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
fixed

Hollowcrown, start a new thread. We have no idea where the original TS situation is now. Also, search for the Bugera Users Militia thread.

I didn't bump it, the guys before me did.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
ill put my symptoms on here... dont worry about what the first part of the blog...

i have a 6262 head, and i played it for like maybe a total of 30 minutes at room volume, and then i tried it at practice, and i had it at about 3 o clock, and it worked for 10 minutes...

two of the tubes started sparking within the tube bulb itself, and the sound cut out... i bought two more of the same fuses, and the tubes just did the same thing, and the fuses both blew... and just pissing me off, cuase i just bought this amp a few days ago...

i opened the amp up, and nothing is burnt like the beer church guys pics show...

help please? i dont know if i should just bring it back, and they MIGHT get me a new one, but what if the same thing happens...
I have a Bugera 1990 and have had no issues at all with it for apx 4 years. Last night I was at practice and the tone of the amp just went to shit for no reason out of the clear sky. I have no idea what is wrong the tubes look fine and are lighting up. Any ideas?