Poll: Which guitar?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which guitar?
MIM Standard tele; Tele is different than a strat, plus it's cheaper.
18 58%
Gibson LP Jr.; You don't have a P-90 guitar, it's US-made and you like Juniors.
13 42%
Voters: 31.
Alright, I've been somewhat set on a tele recently as my next guitar. Then I checked GC and apparently as soon as it became 2009, Gibson gave the thumbs-up to release the new Juniors, and, as I already have a Fender-style single-coil guitar, it seems a bit redundant to get the tele when I could get the Junior(especially since I have a soft spot for Les Paul Junior's. ). On the other hand, the tele is a different sound than the strat, and $400 cheaper than a Gibson Les Paul Junior.

So, UG, LP Jr. for $840 or $450 for a MIM tele?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
thats a real hard one there.
I'd have to go the LP Jr, even though i am a tele nut.
Well I'll state the classic UG answer then my opinion.

Play both,pick the blah blah blah

I'd go with the tele personally,I like the twangy and unique sound they have.But I wouldn't settle on the MIM,if you're willing to spend that much on the junior I'd use the same amount on the tele budget to keep things fair,plus you can get an awesome tele for that much scratch.

EDIT: Like one of these beauties
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Custom-Telecaster-FMT-Electric-Guitar?sku=511262

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Last edited by Pr0gNut at Jan 1, 2009,
My Brother has an MIM Tele,
Plays like a charm, really great neck.
Play both though, and find out what you like most.
Shawn George Noel
Ugh...I don't know. I love Fenders...but like you TS, I have a soft spot for LP Juniors....

I'm just going to say Tele because I've actually played one and I really liked it.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Pr0gNut
Well I'll state the classic UG answer then my opinion.

Play both,pick the blah blah blah

I'd go with the tele personally,I like the twangy and unique sound they have.But I wouldn't settle on the MIM,if you're willing to spend that much on the junior I'd use the same amount on the tele budget to keep things fair,plus you can get an awesome tele for that much scratch.

EDIT: Like one of these beauties
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Custom-Telecaster-FMT-Electric-Guitar?sku=511262

That tele wouldn't give you the twangy tele sound though, not with two buckers.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Deluxe-Nashville-Power-Telecaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=510476
This however, would be another story
Quote by telemetal
That tele wouldn't give you the twangy tele sound though, not with two buckers.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Deluxe-Nashville-Power-Telecaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=510476
This however, would be another story

Yeah,I kinda shot myself in the foot on that one,but I can't help it,I just love that guitar haha.Being a prog metal player I never thought I'd like a tele but I played that one and it was awesome.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
Yeah,I kinda shot myself in the foot on that one,but I can't help it,I just love that guitar haha.Being a prog metal player I never thought I'd like a tele but I played that one and it was awesome.

fair enough then

So Necro, what are you thinkin?
Quote by telemetal
fair enough then

So Necro, what are you thinkin?

With the current poll results and what's been said; Tele. It's 3:30 AM here though, and I ran myself crazy for New Years parties, so I'm tired as hell, so I'll probably sleep on it.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Tele? OK if you play country
LPJ? Better by miles for other styles
Re-sale value in a few years? No contest. (and you WILL want a better Tele than the MIM)
Thought! You could get the Tele and upgrade the pups with a nice pair of actives.
You should definitely get the LP Jr.

It's far more unique, and very different from what you have now. Tele's are a dime a dozen, and a MIM really isn't anything that special. You might as well get a better one later.
I would go for the MIM Tele, but Why only spend half the amount on a tele when you could spend so much more?
Get a more expensive telecaster, maybe you could get a HW1 Tele.
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
that's a tough one. the tele does sound different to a strat, but the LP will probably sound more different than the tele will.

though if you're willing to spend more on the LP, it might be worth looking at more expensive teles too, so it's a fair test.

hard to say, to be honest, it's really up to you...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?