Hey pit! I've got a problem, I want to put a sample from the movie "American Psycho" in a composition I made. I have a .wav file of the part I want to sample, but the problem is: It's the famous axe scene, and the part I wanted to sample has "Hip to be Square" playing in background. I spent about an hour on FL Studio trying to cancel out the song from my sample with a .mp3 file of the actual song.

The scene in question.

These solutions have failed:
-Google.
-Searchbar.

So, does anyone know a way to get rid of the song from the scene?

DirtyEdit: The only way I can see now is:

(Christian Bale Talking+Hip To Be Square) + (-Hip To Be Square) = Christian Bale.

(Christian Bale Talking+Hip To Be Square) = .wav file
(-Hip To Be Square) = Polarity inverted .mp3 file
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Last edited by DirtyMakik at Jan 1, 2009,
There are ways that you can eliminate specific things with certain programs, but usually they don't work very well, and I'm not sure if they would have it for music.

To be blunt with you. No.

has no signature.
just let the normal sample play, then like warp the speed and pitch down at the end and fade it into your song. that would be cool.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
just let the normal sample play, then like warp the speed and pitch down at the end and fade it into your song. that would be cool.

But what I wanted to use it within the song, which a catchy song with mental illness-related lyrics.

If I can at least eleminate enough of the song while keeping enough voice to put it without having weird polyrhythms due to 2 different songs playing at the same time.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by DirtyMakik
But what I wanted to use it within the song, which a catchy song with mental illness-related lyrics.

If I can at least eleminate enough of the song while keeping enough voice to put it without having weird polyrhythms due to 2 different songs playing at the same time.

on cubase use EQ and find the frequency of batemans vocal and boost it and cut the other frequencies then compress heavily